Product Manager - SEO & Growth
We're a team of 100+ people living and working remotely in 15+ countries. We're working hard to build a diverse and collaborative team that can empathize with each other to solve hard problems and build a product we can be proud of. For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We get together 2-3 times per year for a company retreat, and benefits include great healthcare, dental and vision coverage, 401k retirement plan with company match, profit sharing and 14 weeks paid leave for new parents.
Hi there! We're looking for someone to lead our customer growth efforts through an effective SEO and growth strategy, which also includes supporting related marketing channels (specifically content marketing & editorial, PR & social, paid marketing). Interested in heading a remote team who's on a mission to help people everywhere be more productive at work? Then read on…
Even though our job description may seem like we are looking for a candidate with a very specific skillset, the role will be tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
You're skilled SEO practitioner and can combine your analysis skills to help shape roadmaps and execute on strategies that will help improve rankings, links, bounce rates and more.
You have experience both setting and executing an SEO growth strategy for sites with hundreds of thousands of organic sessions a month. And you can replicate that experience across a site like Zapier.
You're a skilled SEO and growth specialist. You are equally adept at setting the SEO product vision as you are with the technical tactics and tools needed to execute against that vision
You can translate analysis into plans. You know how to interpret the data you see, turn that into product roadmaps and well-designed features, and help teams execute on those roadmaps.
You respect the user. You embrace white-hat techniques because you know that when users interact with a site in a positive way you build long-term loyal customers.
You're a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You'll use written summaries and reports to communicate strategy, plans, findings, and results to the marketing and full Zapier team.
You're a champion for doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Set and own monthly SEO traffic and customer acquisition / conversion goals. Consistently communicate those plans and progress to the team.
- Collaborate, on a daily basis, with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, marketers, and content marketers to execute towards search goals
- Improve search rankings across our existing keyword targets and analyze keyword opportunities to help us spot new areas for growth
- Support existing link building programs and identify and build out new programs
- Provide product & UX support for related marketing growth channels - specifically content & editorial, PR, social, and paid marketing efforts
- Serve as the SEO evangelist within the company and help build it into one of the company’s core competencies
- Ensure proper SEO execution and QA site changes for potential SEO impacts
- Plug the holes: You should be comfortable executing on a variety of SEO or growth related tasks yourself to help finish items when the team doesn't have dedicated resources and outsourcing or hiring isn't an option
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please complete the application on Jobs @ Zapier
We're not accepting applications from agencies or from the Power to Fly portal.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.