The Role: Senior Software Developer
The Location: Charlottesville, VA, Richmond, VA, or Halifax, NS.
The Impact: We are building the next generation of Data Collection applications on our flagship S&P; Global Market Intelligence platform. Both the platform and company as a whole have many different isolated applications that perform quantitative work on client managed data. Focusing on Financial Data Collection, we are looking to integrate these applications together to allow for fluid movement of portfolio related data between components to drive value and improve customer experience.
- Architect, design, and implement software related projects.
- Perform analyses and articulate solutions.
- Design underlying engineering for use in multiple product offerings supporting a large volume of end users.
- Develop project plans with task breakdowns and estimates.
- Manage and improve existing solutions.
- Solve a variety of complex problems and figure out possible solutions, weighing the costs and benefits.
What We’re Looking For:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years’ related experience
- Passionate, smart, and articulate developer
- Strong C# and SQL skills
- Experience implementing: Web Services (with WCF, RESTful JSON, SOAP, TCP), Windows Services, and Unit Tests
- Dependency Injection
- Able to demonstrate strong OOP skills
- Able to work well individually and with a team
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good work ethic, self-starter, and results oriented
- Interest and experience in finance is a plus
- Agile/Scrum experience a plus
- Familiarity and/or enthusiasm with Data Science / Machine Learning is a plus
About S&P; Global Market Intelligence
At S&P; Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P; Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Posterhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.