Work you’ll do
- Being able to get an understanding of the multi-channel marketing optimization problem space
- Performing exploratory data analysis to understand relationships, opportunities to influence outcomes and how to attribute cross channel outcomes
- Specifying a research plan
- Running experiments and extracting the necessary data
- Being able to interpret the models being generated
- Developing a proof of concept to verify your ideas
- Assisting the Data Engineering team in setting your proof of concept live in our production environment
- Closing the loop to make sure the proposed solution is performing as it should once it is released
Advertising, Marketing & Commerce
Our Advertising, Marketing & Commerce team focuses on delivering marketing and growth objectives aligned with our clients’ brand values for measurable business growth. We do this by creating content, communications, and experiences that engage and inspire their customers to act. We implement and operate the technology platforms that enable personalized content, commerce and marketing user-centric experiences. In doing so, we transform our clients’ marketing and engagement operations into modern, data-driven, creatively focused organizations. Our team brings deep experience in creative and digital marketing capabilities, many from our Digital Studios.
We serve our clients through the following types of work:
• Cross-channel customer engagement strategy, design and development
• (web, mobile, social, physical)
• eCommerce strategy, implementation and operations
• Marketing Content and digital asset management solutions
• Marketing Technology and Advertising Technology solutions
• Marketing analytics implementation and operations
• Advertising campaign ideation, development and execution
• Acquisition and engagement campaign ideation, development and execution
• Agile based, design-thinking, user-centric, empirical projects that accelerate results
- Master’s degree required, PhD in a quantitative field (engineering, mathematics, physics, machine learning, statistics or computer science) preferred.
- 3+ years of industry experience outside of academia.
- 3+ years of experience manipulating big data using opensource frameworks. This means being familiar with tools such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Impala and Luigi. In addition, because we handle very large volumes of data, past work with cloud-based environment is required.
- Knowledge of current modeling tools such as XGBoost or Vowpal Wabbit (or equivalent)
- Ability to write high-quality Python code and familiarity with unit testing, source control and code review
- Experience working in Agile teams and using Scrums to organize work
- Demonstrated communication capabilities. Ability to explain your insights to people beyond the data science team. This means knowing how to best craft your message and selecting the right visualizations
- Good problem decomposition skills and autonomy when faced with solving data problems.
- A proven ability deploying automated data processing pipelines.
- A deep interest in Data Science and AI. A good measure of this would be competition participation (Kaggle or other) as well as participation in open courses
- If you have code in the open domain (for example Github) or have written about AI/DS please share this with us
- Some experience in Ad Tech or Marketing technology is a plus.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.]
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.