Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The SRE Data / Provisioner team supports the Netskope Data Product Suite, and Provisioner, a critical component of our foundational technologies and the single source of truth for all user data across all Netskope Apps. We are a team of software engineers focused on improving availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of the engineering stacks. If you are passionate about solving complex problems and developing cloud services at scale, we would like to speak with you.
- Partner closely with our development teams and product managers to architect and build features that are highly available, performant and secure
- Develop innovative ways to smartly measure, monitor & report application and infrastructure health
- Gain deep knowledge of our application stack
- Experience improving the performance of micro-services and solve scaling/performance issues
- Capacity management and planning
- Function well in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Participate in 24X7 on-call rotations.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree or related practical experience
Preferred Technical Skills:
- 10+ years experience with troubleshooting Unix/Linux
- Understanding of Networking concepts - TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, IPSec, GRE, VPN
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Python, Go
- Experience in managing a large-scale web operations role
- Bonus points for experience with Ansible, Kubernetes, SQL and NoSQL datastores, CI/CD
- Hands-on working with private or public cloud services in a highly available and scalable production environment.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of distributed systems is a big plus.
- Great written and verbal communication
- Ability to work for a geo-distributed cross-functional group
- Demonstrated ability to own and deliver projects independently
- Demonstrated ability of technical mentoring and coaching
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and the ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, developers, Product Managers, etc
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.