Principal iOS Software Engineer - Norton Security
Do you want be part of a small, high-performance team that is spearheading the mission to relentlessly protect Norton users from the bad guys?
Join the next phase of the journey of an exciting new product that is extending Norton Security to all connected devices in the consumer homes, around the globe. We are on a mission to protect every thing connected. As the world goes from connected computers to mobile to anything & everything connected, there is no challenge bigger than securing those devices and securing the device owner's privacy and security.
Come and be part of a team that is empowered for ownership. A team that functions with complete autonomy to find creative, bold & innovative solutions to some of the most complex problems in the networking, security & IoT space.
We are looking for sharp, passionate & experienced Embedded Applications engineers with solid technical skills. These engineers will work with a team of world-class security experts to secure the connected consumer homes.
- Authoritative command over core Swift 3 and Objective C
- Well-versed in UIKit, CoreAnimation, and the iOS SDK
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code especially using continuation style libraries (like PromiseKit, Bolts)
- Experience using CoreData or SQLite
- Ability to debug, understand & optimize application code for performance on various instruments
- Expert knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching, HTTP and REST
- Deep understanding of mobile and web technology stacks – Swagger API specifications, Restful API
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design, and design patterns
- Expert understanding of data modeling, database design, performance monitoring and tuning
- Experience working with Cloud based data stores like S3, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Creating modern interfaces for current & next generation mobile devices
- Understanding of event driven asynchronous data processing
- Experience writing modular, reusable platform independent components
- Fast learner, solid problem solver with great testing and debugging skills
Nice to have skills:
- Understanding of public cloud systems especially AWS and Azure
- Contributing to and managing open source projects
- Building distributed systems containing Event Bus, manage sync with Cloud-based backend systems
- One or more apps in the App store
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of Training & Experience with 5+ years of related work experience.
- Strong data structure and algorithm fundamentals.
- Strong Problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (Written and verbal).
- Experience with Agile principles and practices such as Continuous Integration, daily Scrums, and sprint/release planning and execution.
- Get it done mindset
- Attention to detail
- Appreciate and enforce code hygiene and overall great quality
- Willingness to learn (and unlearn)
- Accept new challenges and be a positive influence on the team
- Infectious energy