Kargo is looking for a dynamic and passionate researcher to join its Research team – a strategic, cross-functional group that directly supports multiple functions of the business.
We are looking for a confident individual with a strong market research background who understands the value of uncovering valuable insights from internal and external data. This position requires an analytical and strategic mind that is able to absorb large amounts and varied sources of data, while having the capability to see beyond the data to provide insights. Successful candidates will possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in problem definition, analysis, and recommendation development will also be critical.
The Research Analyst will work closely with Sales and Marketing Teams and will be responsible for synthesizing and delivering compelling insights and stories that support Kargo’s business, derived from both primary and external data. This position will be based in our New York or Chicago office.
- Provide support in all stages of ad effectiveness research, including study design, field management, analysis, and client deliverables
- Support Research team in day-to-day management of custom research, brand surveys, closed loop measurement, creative testing, and other ad effectiveness research
- Mine, analyze and deliver data and insights that inform sales and marketing strategies.
- Extract conceptual insights from large and diversified data/results, provide hypothesis, and use data insights to answer business questions
- Deliver on-time, strategic and integrated presentations for internal teams, publishers, and advertising clients
- Conduct data mining and analysis to provide deliverables for thought leadership projects and other research initiatives
- Provide media insights, segment analysis, and other digestible insights on a reoccurring basis
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in a quantitative field of study including business, marketing, statistics, math, economics or a related discipline. Masters degree is a plus
- 2-5 years experience in data and market analysis, consulting and/or market research roles, digital media, marketing and advertising field preferred
- Experience working with third-party providers, including Millward Brown Digital (Dynamic Logic, Insight Express), Research Now, comScore, Datalogix (Oracle), Nielsen Catalina Solutions, Placed, etc.
- Experienced in audience and media measurement including internal and 3rd party traffic and engagement data (i.e. comScore Mobile Metrix)
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- A good understanding of the digital landscape, mobile space and digital advertising