Software Engineer - Norton Security for MAC
Software Developer/Engineer and Designer on Mac OS X
Beautiful Sunny Southern California with 12 months of sunshine. Our office is located only 7 minutes from the beautiful beaches of Southern California.And if you are an engineer who can manage to get out of bed early enough, then you can either surf, run or bike ride by the beach before coming to the office.
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
We are looking for:
You’re so bright people mistake you for a God or Goddess. You’re so multitasking, you’re reading this while juggling. You’re so self-motivated, your application is half-submitted and you haven’t even gotten to the requirements yet! You crush deadlines, and you are detail oriented like Steve Jobs.
Is that you? Sound fun? Sound challenging? Read on!
Who we are:
Relentlessly protect Norton users from bad guys. Across the globe, we combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
In the Norton Business Unit, you will have the opportunity to be a part of this global team of cybersecurity and product engineers working to deliver world class Norton Security products with over 100 millions end-points. Our division is at the center point of creating technologies to protect user devices and data from bad guys. These technologies are being built for Mac, Mobile and PC platforms.
The Norton for Mac team is high-talent and high-energy, pushing new technologies that must achieve the best protection, performance, and user experience in the marketplace. You will work along with top-notch Mac engineers with more than 150 years combined developing security and utilities products for Mac.
• Collaborate in implement of Consumer, Small Business and Commercial Mac security product features
• Responsible for contributing to the design specifications and associated code.
• Help in the creation of development schedules and help prioritize activities.
• Work closely with Product Managers, Program Managers, and Quality Engineers to help develop quality products, testable designs, and test tools
• Excellent C++ development and debugging skills
• Experienced Mac development skills or willing to learn
• Expert in design patterns and Object Oriented programming concepts
• Experience with Objective-C and Swift desired
• An understanding of Agile methodology is a plus
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.