Principal Data Scientist - Norton Engineering
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
• Advocate use of data to make critical business decisions
• Execute on data-intensive analytical projects
• Set up data analysis environments to ensure reliable backups and integrity
• Keep analytical computing / predictive modeling / data analysis skills current
• Create reports and charts to communicate data analysis results to the customer
• Deliver on projects for timely conclusion
- Masters or Ph.D. (Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Economics)
- Minimum 5 years' of Data Science experience for Ph.D. candidates and 7 years for Masters candidates
- Minimum 5 years' of work experience in relevant domains (eCommerce, Security, Retail) – with hands on experience handling data driven decisions
- Minimum 5 years of experience in at least one of the following – Supervised and Unsupervised Learning, Classification Models, Cluster Analysis, Neural Networks, Non-parametric Methods, Multivariate Statistics, Reliability Models, Markov Models, Stochastic models, Bayesian Models
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in various statistical and machine learning models, data mining, unstructured data analytics in corporate or academic research environments
- Minimum 3 years of experience in statistical software - R, Python, Java
- Minimum 3 years of programming experience (C, C++, Java, Python, R)
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to various audiences
- Ability to work independently and within a global collaborative team environment
- Ability to think creatively to solve real world business problems
- Familiarity with relational databases and intermediate level knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux environments
- Experience working with large data sets and tools like MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.
- Experience working with large data streaming technologies like SpringXD, Spark, etc.
- Contributions to open source ML projects
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.