SaaS Product Manager
The Sr. Principal Product Manager (PM) is responsible for working with multiple product development teams, field sales engineers, technical engineering and sales/marketing to develop integrated high-level solutions, use cases, business requirements and financial business cases for the SaaS Platform. The PM will lead the identification, prioritization and management of requirements related to ensuring and end-to-end SaaS product experience. This role will work with IT to ensure that the customer experience across all routes to market (including e-commerce, partner APIs, and direct sales) to automate the customer lifecycle experience with the Symantec SaaS Products.
The PM will work directly with the product development and engineering teams to establish an end-to-end product strategies and roadmaps. The PM will serve as a liaison between the product teams, SaaS Platform Engineering and IT teams with regard to establishing requirements, managing timelines, setting priorities and coordinating project schedules/dependencies. The PM should be acquainted with Agile systems development methodologies, systems integration architectures, and have a strong grasp of SaaS business models in the Enterprise business space. Additionally the PM must possess a strong business acumen to establish and lead the development of business cases and financial metrics in regard to return on investment and NPV.
The PM will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Liaison between the SaaS Engineering, product development/engineering teams and IT teams with regard to establishing requirements, managing timelines, setting priorities and coordinating project schedules/dependencies. The Assess business operational needs of a given market and translate to technical functional requirements and use cases
- Develop use cases, user stories and use case scenarios that describe the technical functional workflows, information exchange and user experience requirements to address specific market needs
- Lead the development of the end-to-end solutions working with different product development, engineering and IT teams
- Development business requirements documentations and working with product development teams to determine level-of-effort estimates and prioritizing requirements
- Support the management and creation of technical requirements and project schedule, risks and conducting weekly client project status reviews
Technical Understanding / Skills and Experience:
- Hands on experience with establishing end-to-end SaaS processes for Enterprise market including e-commerce and partner channel sales routes to market
- Project management skills, with demonstrated experience managing multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
- Strong understanding of IT Technical Infrastructure, Software Application Architectures
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- BS in EE, CS or related field or equivalent technical relevant experience
- 5+ years in matrix management organizations
- 3+ years of experience in product management capacity leading large-scale software development or systems integration initiatives
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.