Big Data Engineer - Mt View, CA Do you want to develop distributed platforms and services that scale to handle billions of events per day in real time? Do you enjoy the beauty of running an unbreakable production platform? How about building a big data analytics platform with scalability, availability and performance at Symantec CPE?
Data Services team at Symantec CPE handles billions of metrics, events and other data every day in real time. The data platform is the source for monitoring, policy evaluation, data visualization, and data analysis. You will enjoy the challenge of running the platform from the client to the storage.
• You will be building core data capabilities and services and be passionate about software engineering and data.
• You should care deeply about writing solid code.
• You closely follow industry trends and the open source community and an avid learner.
• You like to move fast and get code into production because you know that your work has a positive impact on the end users.
• You automate everything you touch.
• You optimize the system periodically to provide the best performance.
• Proficiency in one or more programming language such as Java, Scala, Golang, Clojure
• Strong understanding of threads, synchronization, concurrent programming
• Experience with big data and distributed systems technologies like HBase, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, ZooKeeper, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, OpenTSDB and InfluxDB
• Experience in performance optimization.
• Operational excellence through tool development, monitoring, logging, reporting, controls and automation.
Resume contains at least one Keyword from each categories
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.