Cloud Engineering Leader - Norton IoT
As a leading Fortune 500 Technology & Security Company, Symantec already protects more than a billion IoT devices. This puts Symantec among the biggest providers of IoT security today, and the first to deliver a comprehensive security reference architecture for how to build-in security to make your IoT systems “secure by design.” IoT security is a complex problem requiring both breadth and depth of security experience. Symantec brings an unrivaled breadth of leading security solutions for device protection, encryption, authentication, key management, and code signing. Symantec also has unmatched depth in security expertise from monitoring, analyzing and processing more than 10 trillion security events per year worldwide for Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network.
About the Role:
Norton's award-winning line of security products and services are designed to provide best-in-class protection to consumers and small businesses around the world. With IoT, the number of connected devices is growing at an exponential rate. While these devices offer a new range of possibilities, they are also exponentially increasing the attack vectors for hackers. These devices collect a lot of sensitive personal data, so securing these devices and personal information has never been more critical. To address these challenges, Norton recently released Norton Core, the first wireless router to protect your entire home network and all the connected devices. The team responsible for Norton Core is building solutions to extend Norton Security to everything connected in the consumer home. The team is tasked with building disruptive next-gen IoT security applications and products that encompass hardware, software, mobile apps and cloud services.
Our mission is to find creative, bold and innovative solutions to solve some of the most complex problems in the IoT space. Our engineers work with a team of world-class security experts to secure connected consumer homes, and focus on building innovative and disruptive products in the Internet of Things space.
As a leader on the team, you will be expected to use your expert technical knowledge to drive framework improvements, be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Our development team tackles a wide variety of problems, where you can expect to build a wide range of skills and experience.
You will work in a collaborative environment that puts an emphasis on autonomy and fast decision-making. We are committed to offering a positive and extremely satisfying work environment:
- Commitment to creativity and fun – we strive to offer the feel of a small, independent business with a strong team culture of innovation and creativity
- Commitment to designing for future – engineers are empowered to build the right solution and are encouraged to invest in the right technologies and architectural improvements to help us innovate faster
- High employee satisfaction – flexible hours, positive reviews of work/life balance, support for family life
- Career stability and opportunities – industry-leading benefits and a supportive environment for learning & excellent opportunities for career growth
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a strong team with a culture of ownership and continuous improvement
- Grow a talented and diverse engineering team
- Manage and design scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage the various AWS services
- Create resilient and thoroughly-tested solutions and accompanying frameworks
- Build and deploy complex applications to production
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Build a strong perspective among the engineering team, empower them to challenge the status quo leading to better solutions
- Drive change
- Bring new and fresh ideas to the table
- Build and deliver a great end-end user experience and create appropriate success metrics
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10 or more years of professional software development experience, with at least 5 years in a management/technical lead role
- Solid understanding of the various cloud hosting services and extensive knowledge of the services offered by AWS
- Excellent Java and object-oriented development skills
- Solid expertise in building highly scalable, distributed REST-based services
- Good knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching, HTTP and REST
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design, and design patterns
- Good understanding of data modeling, database design, performance monitoring and tuning
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Experience with monitoring Cloud services
Skills & Ability:
- Experience with Agile principles and practices such as Continuous Integration, daily Scrums, and sprint/release planning and execution.
- Experience working closely with or leading teams that develop Mobile apps (iOS and Android)
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.