S&P Global Ratings
The Role: Associate Director, Data Services(Big Data & Cloud)
The Location: Hyderabad, India
You will be an expert contributor and part of the Rating Organization’s Big Data Team. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on Ratings organization’s critical data domains, technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified strategy. All Data Services team members provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value. Be a part of a unique opportunity to build and evolve S&P Ratings next gen analytics platform
Leads and directly impacts the professional, technical direction and strategy for a discipline or a core product including shaping and designing new policies, procedures and standards
This position also adds additional value to the existing data services distributed team by providing services, platform capabilities and enabling innovation & growth by introducing new capabilities.
What’s in it for you:
The Associate Director – Data Content will be responsible for managing and leading several Bigdata teams and focused on delivery, talent and resource management, aligning to our overall technology strategy and roadmap.
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of design and implementation of Ratings Integrated Data Facility with modern AWS cloud technologies such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Hive, Presto and Spark/Scala
- Hands-on expertise in writing logics/scripts in Bigdata technologies like Spark, Scala, S3 etc, NoSQL databases like Elastic Search, MongoDB etc.
- Contribute to and support S&P enterprise architecture, strategic roadmaps, transformation from current state to future state.
- Expertise in Data Lake, ELT strategy, and adhere to CI/CD/CT during pipeline creation
- Able to handle RDBMS and NO-SQL Databases including document-Oriented and column-oriented
- Design and develop efficient and scalable data pipelines between enterprise systems and analytics platform
- Be in tune with emerging trends Big data and cloud technologies and participate in evaluation of new technologies
- Support analytics by building a world-class data lake environment that empowers analysts to determine insights into revenue and power products across the organization
- Drive the development of strategic initiatives and BAU in a timely manner working with various stakeholders.
- Provide effective leadership and exercise day-to-day management of assigned staff. Set priorities among competing goals and objectives and coordinates simultaneous workflows to ensure efficient contribution to S&P objectives.
- Promote an organization that is focused on outstanding customer service, high performance, team work, and accountability.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are well defined with clearly identified goals, objectives and process in place.
- Develop agile practices with continuous development, continuous integration & deployments, cloud enablement
- Leadership on talent acquisition, talent development and employee engagement.
- Collaborate with global technology leadership, regional leadership and cross-functional teams
- Create an open and professional working environment
- Work closely with Data Science & IA team and participate in development of feature engineering pipelines
- Build and maintain a data environment for speed, accuracy, consistency and ‘up’ time
- Ensure data governance principles adopted, data quality checks and data lineage implemented in each hop of the data
- Ensure compliance through the adoption of enterprise standards and promotion of best practice / guiding principles aligned with organization standards
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Related Engineering is required
- Technical hands-on experience either current or in the recent past
- Solid foundation in data engineering in design / development
- 10+ years Hands-on experience on Bigdata Technologies with 5+ years in Bigdata Eco system and Cloud
- Onsite experience in a client facing role with offshore service delivery
- Proven ability to manage and operate in a global environment
- Proven ability and experience delivering on large-scale projects
- Experience with end to end data management, API delivery, Cloud based platforms, Devops, Automation
- Strong background in Agile methodologies like SCRUM, Kanban
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor individuals and teams
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in implementing data lake systems using AWS cloud technologies such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Hive, Presto and Spark
- Expert managing AWS services (EC2, S3, Route 53, ELB, VPC, cloudwatch, Lambda) in a multi account production environment
- Experience in Elasticsearch/Mongo Database
- Experience with Databricks cluster and Delta Lake table is an added advantage
- Experience With Machine Learning Libraries and Frameworks (TensorFlow , MLlib) is an added advantage
- Exposure to R , SparklyR , and Other R packages is a Plus
- Experience with development frameworks as well as data and integration technologies such as Informatica, Python, Scala
- Experience in Data Fabrication is an added advantage
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Related Engineering is required
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (“the Policy”) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy’s requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 258653
Posted On: 2021-09-20
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India