SENIOR PRESENTATION DESIGNER
Zendesk is looking for a Sr. Presentation Designer to join our Creative Team in San Francisco, supporting our CEO. This role requires a special mix of skills, experience, and a hearty disposition. Read closely, and see if it sounds like the right fit for you.
As Sr. Presentation Designer for OCEO (Office of the CEO), you will be working directly with the CEO on a variety of projects. Most importantly, you will design presentations for large company events, our quarterly board meetings, and other speaking engagements. This means sourcing material and data, developing the narrative, and designing slides that tell a clear and compelling story. These presentations are among the most important assets we produce, but pulling them together isn’t always easy. Versatility, excellent communication skills, and a knack for problem-solving are key.
The Sr. Presentation Designer, OCEO also serves as the presentation team lead. Candidates for this role should have the experience and design skills to lead the Presentation Team—making sure messaging is consistent, designs are on-brand, and that junior members receive the guidance they need to grow and succeed. The ideal candidate will do all this without taking themselves too seriously. Our style is very collaborative and informal. Charm and a sense of humour are two of the main attributes of our brand. Hopefully you will have some of both.
- Create presentations for Zendesk’s Office of the CEO
- Extract and build the narrative, chasing down the story when necessary
- Concept and execute ideas around the Zendesk brand
- Design and disseminate Zendesk presentation assets
- Work collaboratively with and manage presentation designers to support Zendesk events
- 6+ years experience in presentation design
- Strong graphic design, color, and typographic skills
- Strong understanding of narrative, messaging, and communication techniquesUp-to-date with all current design technologies, trends, and developments
- Ability to independently manage time and projects effectively
- Mastery of all presentation and design software (PPT, Keynote, Google Slides, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience with, and understanding of, all aspects of presentation (A/V, tech specs, performance/speaking styles, etc.)
- Previous experience running your own design projects on the side is appreciated and respected
Characteristics we look for:
The mantra at Zendesk, all the way from Finance, Sales, HR, Engineering, to Creative is "beautifully simple.” Our brand, product, presentations, and website should be just that. The designers we are looking for need to be able to execute a highly reduced, minimalist design style that is still polished and shows the highest degree of attention to detail.
At Zendesk we have a pretty good sense of humor. We’re not afraid to at ourselves. We also like to make other people smile, when possible.
A lot of the work in our department is about maintaining high standards and keeping the brand consistent across all touchpoints.
We constantly challenge our decisions and look at our work with a critical eye. We are not looking for someone to just follow orders—we want someone who will speak up when they see things that could be done better.
Nothing is set in stone. We always look to evolve and grow.
WITH THE PROGRAM
You should be excited and show interest in your craft when it comes to design. We’re looking for someone who actively follows all developments in the world of presentation design.
All applicants MUST supply online work samples or a current portfolio with your resume submission.
Please also include which design communities you are a member of (e.g., Dribbble, Behance, Forrst, etc.) in your cover letter.
You should be willing to work in San Francisco or relocate if necessary. Relocation assistance is available.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.