iOS Software Engineer - Norton IoT
As a leading Fortune 500 Technology & Security Company, Symantec already protects more than a billion IoT devices. This puts Symantec among the biggest providers of IoT security today, and the first to deliver a comprehensive security reference architecture for how to build-in security to make your IoT systems “secure by design.” IoT security is a complex problem requiring both breadth and depth of security experience. Symantec brings an unrivaled breadth of leading security solutions for device protection, encryption, authentication, key management, and code signing. Symantec also has unmatched depth in security expertise from monitoring, analyzing and processing more than 10 trillion security events per year worldwide for Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network.
Norton's award-winning line of security products and services are designed to provide best-in-class protection to consumers and small businesses around the world. With IoT, the number of connected devices is growing at an exponential rate. While these devices offer a new range of possibilities, they are also exponentially increasing the attack vectors for hackers. These devices collect a lot of sensitive personal data, so securing these devices and personal information has never been more critical. To address these challenges, Norton recently released Norton Core, the first wireless router to protect your entire home network and all the connected devices. The team responsible for Norton Core is building solutions to extend Norton Security to everything connected in the consumer home. The team is tasked with building disruptive next-gen IoT security applications and products that encompass hardware, software, mobile apps and cloud services.
Our mission is to find creative, bold and innovative solutions to solve some of the most complex problems in the IoT space. Our engineers work with a team of world-class security experts to secure connected consumer homes, and focus on building innovative and disruptive products in the Internet of Things space.
As a developer on the team, you will be expected to use your expert technical knowledge to drive framework improvements, be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Our development team tackles a wide variety of problems, where you can expect to build a wide range of skills and experience.
You will work in a collaborative environment that puts an emphasis on autonomy and fast decision-making. We are committed to offering a positive and extremely satisfying work environment:
- Commitment to creativity and fun – we strive to offer the feel of a small, independent business with a strong team culture of innovation and creativity
- Commitment to designing for future – engineers are empowered to build the right solution and are encouraged to invest in the right technologies and architectural improvements to help us innovate faster
- High employee satisfaction – flexible hours, positive reviews of work/life balance, support for family life
- Career stability and opportunities – industry-leading benefits and a supportive environment for learning & excellent opportunities for career growth
- Work as part of a team that builds popular, market-leading mobile security products
- Collaborate with team members developing cloud software and router firmware to develop complete Norton Core solutions
- Develop Unit Tests, tools and test automation
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Experience with Swift 4 and Objective C
- Well-versed in UIKit, and the iOS SDK
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code, especially using continuation style libraries
- Ability to debug, understand & optimize application code for performance on various devices
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design, and design patterns
- Strong understanding of data modeling, database design, performance monitoring and tuning
- Experience creating modern interfaces for current & next generation mobile devices
- Understanding of event driven asynchronous data processing
- Experience writing modular, reusable platform independent components
- Fast learner, solid problem solver with great testing and debugging skills
Nice to have
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins
- Experience with XCTest
- Understanding of public cloud systems especially AWS and Azure
- Contributing to and managing open source projects
- Building distributed systems containing Event Bus, manage sync with Cloud-based backend systems
- One or more apps in the App store
- Get it done mindset
- Attention to detail
- Appreciate and enforce code hygiene and overall great quality
- Willingness to learn (and unlearn)
- Accept new challenges and be a positive influence on the team
- Infectious energy
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.