Organizational Change Management - Merger & Acquisition Senior Manager
Organizational Change Management - Merger & Acquisition Senior Manager
Are you passionate about bringing value to your clients through the entire Merger & Acquisition lifecycle, from pre-due diligence through transaction planning and integration/divestiture/restructuring execution?
Does advising and supporting clients in a fast-paced M&A; environment, partnering with c-suite executives of the world’s most well-known companies, delivering bold strategic goals, while managing complex interdependencies against accelerated timelines interest you?
Would you like to utilize your experience to advise on the organizational dimensions of integrations and divestitures, including development of future organization designs, leadership and talent management strategies, workforce transition, and designing and implementing culture, change management and communication strategies?
Our Human Capital M&A; team performs activities across the M&A; life cycle from pre-due diligence identifying to quantifying transaction risks and opportunities around complex M&A; and restructuring engagements. Our focus includes understanding and mitigating potential deal risks associated with organizational culture, leadership, talent, and operations. We provide advisory services on the broad enterprise-wide integration efforts including change management, organization design, culture, workforce transition and leadership. Our approach to integration/divestiture planning and execution focuses on identify potential risks, developing an end-state vision and strategy, and supporting clients to implement maximum value realization opportunities.
Our Human Capital M&A; team performs activities across the M&A; life cycle including:
- Ensuring overall Talent / People / HR strategies are aligned with overall corporate strategic objectives
- Identifying HR, culture, key talent and retention related risks
- Planning for Day 1 readiness and/or managing PMI integration
- Building support, understanding and advocacy for the creation of the new organization to executive leaders
- Designing organizations that align to the future operating model and preparing to transition the workforce
Work you’ll do
Our Senior Managers sell, lead, drive and deliver client engagements that identify, design, and implement Merger & Acquisition services with a focus on Organization Transformation. You will support clients in the following areas:
Change Management, Communication and Employee Experience: Lead teams responsible for the implementation of change management strategies related to M&A.; Empowering leaders to lead their people through the transaction, enable managers to support employees, and create an environment that reduces anxiety, minimizes disruptions and fosters enthusiasm for the future. This includes organizational change and impact assessments, creating holistic change management programs, managing stakeholder and employee engagement and delivering effective internal and external communications.
Cultural Alignment: Lead the culture assessment. Understanding legacy cultures, defining a future-state culture, and developing plans for how to cultivate that culture.
Organization Strategies: Lead teams responsible for the development of the organizational design to enable future-state strategy. This includes supporting the design of combined or separated operating models and the accompanying organizational structures and facilitating the overall workforce transition processes to optimize roles, responsibilities and performance in the future organization.
Leadership Advisory Services: Lead the leadership alignment and capability, including transformative leadership coaching, board effectiveness, capability analysis and executive development.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engage with senior-level client executives to drive priority strategic initiatives and working with other exceptional professionals across the range of Deloitte capabilities, including the broader Consulting group, Tax and Advisory.
- Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Lead and contribute to business development efforts, including Statements of Work (SOW), proposal development, and client presentations, etc.
- Perform the role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities.
- Lead and contribute to practice development initiatives including culture building, internal community involvement, eminence, recruiting, whitepapers, etc.
The Organization Transformation practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization’s culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in consulting and/or industry, with experience leading teams in change management initiatives, communications development, organizational design and development, HR strategy or operations, and /or talent solutions.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience leading Human Capital Mergers and Acquisitions, restructuring and/or enterprise cost reduction teams, including due diligence, assessment of transaction risks, target screening, integration planning and execution, and/or post-merger integration.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in business development and/or proposal development in support of related specialty areas.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to travel 80 - 100% of the time (Monday - Thursday/Friday).
- MBA or graduate degree in HR or Organizational Behavior.
- Experience in a consulting and/or client-facing environment.
- Six plus (6+) years of experience leading Human Capital Mergers and Acquisitions, restructuring and/or enterprise cost reduction teams, including due diligence, assessment of transaction risks, target screening, integration planning and execution, and/or post-merger integration.
- Strong industry experience in one of OT’s core areas – Technology, Energy, Consumer and Industrial Products, Finance, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Strong project management and delivery experience, including budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management.
- Experience in HR, Consulting, and/or Corporate Communications.
- Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews.
- Experience leading workshops, large meetings, or presentations to senior leaders.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and ability to work effectively across teams, levels and varying cultures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS PowerPoint), and data analysis (MS Excel, Tableau, or SQL).
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Demonstrated interest in a profession in Human Capital work through professional organizations, coursework, certifications, conference attendance, etc.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html