Corporate Vice President, Virtual Training Lead
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It’s a career journey you can be proud of, and you’ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
New York Life’s primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle-income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women’s markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
- Oversee specific aspects of the Field Development National Training program for our 12,000 agents and Field Agents.
- Supervises the National Training team - People and Talent management.
- Research and develop the content and delivery methods for online training to different segments of NYL Agents.
- Facilitates a wide array of training programs that could include: Onboarding, Essential and Progressive development training programs; Specialized Programs; Technology training; Product training.
- Deliver and implement programs using Adobe Connect and other web technologies.
- Build and implement the training standards, systems and best practices for content creation, curation, distribution, archiving and ongoing maintenance.
- Partner with DMs, ZTOs (Zone Training Officers) internal business stakeholders and Agency teams to define and build new content based on business plans and established key business goals.
- Develop and continually manage an integrated training calendar for key initiatives along within Agency Management.
- Conduct regular gap analysis of existing content, identifying sections that need a greater depth of material and removing outdated material. Develop content strategy to address identified gaps.
- Review and communicate analytics and key success metrics on an ongoing basis to understand user behavior and help shape and manage content and training strategies.
- Build and support metrics on remote adult learning and ROI on Virtual Training.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience with Adobe Connect and webinar platforms and best practices. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus.
- Must be a strong virtual training facilitator and be able to engage a sales team.
- Understanding of Virtual Classroom user experience, especially as it pertains to adult learning and remote virtual learning experience.
- Passion for creating great training with actionable knowledge of the digital landscape, including current industry and user trends, emerging technologies, and standards.
- Strong writing ability with a focus on eLearning instructional design.
- Familiarity and expertise with eLearning training platforms.
- Ability to scope, organize and execute multiple projects with interrelated goals.
- Must be comfortable with complicated technical and regulatory language.
- Extensive experience building training content preferably within the financial services, insurance, or other highly regulated industry.
- Proven experience conceptualizing and producing print, digital and web-based training assets.
- Project management is a plus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.