Product Marketing Manager
At OpenTable, we are on a mission to power great dining experiences because we love what can happen around the restaurant table. As we seek to improve and enrich that experience for the diners who trust us to help them find the perfect spot, we’re actively seeking a Product Marketing Manager for our flagship diner mobile and web products. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying actionable insights and cutting-edge technology so that we continue transforming the ways people discover, enjoy, and share their dining experiences.
In this role, you’ll work side-by-side with Product Managers to create marketing strategies and plans to ensure successful launches and accelerated adoption of our diner mobile apps and website. You will serve as the glue between the Product/Design and Marketing functions, helping us create products that delight our customers and meet their needs. You will then deliver and guide integrated, global marketing plans which establish OpenTable as a product leader in all countries in which we operate. You’ll have a clear understanding of our markets, why customers love OpenTable, and the value we provide. You will be responsible for developing the strategy, product positioning, and messaging that solidifies the leadership OpenTable has today by expanding the ways in which we help our diners get the most out of their dining experiences. You’ll have the unique opportunity to collaborate across the organization from the product ideation stage all the way through to market execution, launching compelling products that our customers love.
- Lead the adoption and usage of your products with clear product positioning, naming, launch strategies and tactics.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, Marketing and other key stakeholders to ensure the broader team is aligned toward and executing on our strategic marketing vision.
- Understand market trends and competitors and develop marketing strategies to increase our market presence and penetration.
- Partner with Marketing colleagues on driving cross-functional, cross-channel marketing efforts to meet the growth objectives associated with ongoing product initiatives.
- Establish KPIs for product launches and rollouts in alignment with product leads
- Work with local teams in international offices to develop marketing strategies and materials specific to their market.
- Increase the CSAT and NPS scores for your products to retain OpenTable’s market leadership position.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of product marketing experience in a technology company
- Strong leadership and management skills; proven success leading a high-performing cross-functional team
- Experience working within agile product development environments, with agile marketing expertise preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative individual who enjoys leading and participating in cross-functional teams
- Superior project management skills; results focused with superb execution and follow-through; highly detail-oriented
- Exceptional analytical skills; strong focus on ROI
- Efficient, highly productive multi-tasker; self-motivated and flexible; thrives in entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with international markets preferred
- Passion for dining preferred
About Our Team The OpenTable Marketing team is made up of folks with a passion for dining out and helping restaurateurs succeed. We work collaboratively with all functional areas and across North America, Mexico, the UK, Germany, Ireland, The Netherland, Australia, and Japan. We love finding new ways to spread the word about the exciting stuff we’re working on for diners and restaurateurs. Whether in meetings, out in the field, or sharing drinks, we mix creativity with practicality to drive results.
Product Marketing Manager
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 22 million diners per month via online bookings across more than 42,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. The OpenTable service enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus and other helpful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to the Company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations and enhance their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 665 million diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and the UK.