Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing
In addition to great food, dining out is about sharing experiences and connections. At OpenTable, we have a passion for enabling these great moments and as the Senior Manager of Digital Marketing you will play a vital role in driving diners to experience these moments.
The Senior Manager of Digital Marketing will be responsible for acquiring new and retaining active App users to OpenTable. Reporting into the Director of Digital Marketing, she/he will help develop and execute the strategy, development, and optimization of OpenTable’s Mobile App programs and overseeing the success of our Paid Social and Display channels as well. The ideal candidate will analyze program performance to recommend marketing strategies and tactics that will increase new customer app acquisition and improve customer app retention for OpenTable. Working closely with other members of the Consumer Marketing team, and cross-functionally with our Engineering, Product, Data Analytics and and Creative teams, you will be responsible for campaigns in North America and international.
- Own and optimize the OpenTable Mobile App marketing program with responsibility for driving growth and new app users from Paid channels.
- Develop strategic direction and analytical roadmap to understand cross-channel overlap and synergies between Paid acquisition channels: mobile app, paid social and display.
- Act as Consumer Marketing’s International Lead, creating marketing launch plans and budgets for entry into new markets; delivering upon company’s international growth goals.
- Manage a multi-million-dollar budget to deliver most efficient performance KPIs for the spend: maximum ROI, lowest Cost-Per-Install and Cost Per First-time App User.
- Oversee agency/vendor relationships: provide strategic direction and manage workload by prioritizing and delegating assignments to reach performance goals.
- Track and analyze channel results and improve performance based on learning. Partner with cross functional teams (Marketing Analytics and DAG) to understand customer formation and lifetime value analysis.
- Manage and mentor a team of two high-performing, highly-skilled digital marketers who manage Display and Paid Social channels respectively; always finding ways to motivate and encourage a growth mindset.
- Partner with data analytics teams to measure marketing effectiveness, always challenging methods to become more efficient and gain more visibility into performance.
- Partner closely with Engineering and Product Management team to identify ways to improve digital marketing performance, especially as it relates to App acquisition and engagement through measurement and technology enhancements.
- Work very closely with our internal creative resources, ensuring that your strategic vision and goals are clearly represented in the content they create.
- Own budgeting and forecasting process for Mobile App, Display and Paid Social globally; liaising with Finance and Marketing Effectiveness to communicate performance, identify opportunities and risks.
- Continually innovate best practices and source, test, and evaluate potential new sources of high quality traffic.
- BA/BS degree required
- 7-8 years of Digital Marketing experience with a demonstrated track record of driving results and delivering against agreed upon ROI goals.
- Expert in Mobile App marketing world with a rolodex of vendors/partners and a deep knowledge of the industry and trends.
- Working knowledge and experience with Display and Paid Social channels.
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical to prioritize opportunities, test and implement successful campaigns.
- Understanding and experience working in bidding platforms and first-hand knowledge of marketing automation/analytics products: Google AdWords, Google Analytics, GDN, Double-Click.
- Deep knowledge of the MMP space with experience partnering with at least one of the major players: TUNE, AppsFlyer, Apsalar.
- Knowledge and familiarity of the Display and Social landscape, including technology providers, DSPs, Ad servers, Tag Managers, CRM Onboarders.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and strong presentation skills in group settings and with Senior Management.
- 5+ years of experience in managing high performing teams.
- Ability to deal with change with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving. Technical proficiency in common online technologies, including tracking and analytics platforms. Ability to quickly learn and become fluent in new technologies.
- Superior project and management skills; results-focus with superb execution and follow-through; highly detail-oriented.
- Strong analytic skills and proficiency in Excel
- Efficient, highly productive multitasker; self-motivated; thrives in entrepreneurial environment.
- Passion for food/dining preferred.
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 21 million diners per month via online bookings across more than 40,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. The OpenTable service enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus, and other helpful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations, and enhance their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated over 1 billion diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco and has bookable restaurants in more than 20 countries including Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, United Kingdom and the United States.