Manager, Online Growth
You might describe yourself as analytical, creative, organized, and diplomatic. You have experience delivering growth in revenue and demand by deploying a variety of crafts that span marketing, UX, and product management. You enjoy setting up conversion rate optimization experiments to continually improve the results of a prospective customers journey, and sharing results and insights with a broad group of stakeholders throughout the company. You also enjoy employing a number of marketing tactics to attract a relevant audience to a marketing site.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
- Build and implement online growth strategy—understand key partnerships within organization to drive full funnel of customer acquisition, retention and upsell.
- Manage our digital marketing agency which handles paid and organic search.
- Ensure all online marketing enhances our brand with developers, IT ops practitioners, and IT leaders. Be an expert on our audiences and their preferences.
- Be an expert on our customer lifecycle, and ways in which customer needs are evolving/how our product meets them.
- Work with product team to implement growth strategies that span into trial/product experience, and impact both customer conversion and future retention/upsell.
- Define and implement our SEO strategy together with our digital marketing agency.
- Grow inbound demand tracked through GitLab’s marketing site by optimizing the customer journey:
- Grow traffic to about.gitlab.com through paid and organic marketing programs.
- Improve website conversion focused on enterprise trial requests, sales contact requests, and live chat engagement.
- Improve conversion from trial request to download of GitLab.
- Improve conversion from trial request to sales accepted opportunity.
- Grow trial conversion to paying customer by optimizing the customer journey:
- Ensure trial feature usage is understood and compared to high-value customer usage
- Improve adoption of features that prove most valuable in conversion
- Optimize onboarding experience for engagement & activation
- Develop and execute on strategies to improve free user to paid plan conversion.
- Drive innovation and experimentation on the marketing site & trial experience to improve inbound demand creation & conversion.
- Oversee our paid social and account based advertising programs, maximizing for return on marketing spend.
- Develop and manage our online advertising budget.
- Improve closed-loop reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Work with data and analytics team to create standardized growth reporting and dashboards, and presenting weekly performance to the marketing department as well as stakeholders throughout the company.
- Work with marketing and sales ops to evaluate and implement adtech and martech.
- Technical/industry experience, at least 7 years focused on SEO, SEM, online advertising, and/or web conversion rate optimization to improve lead generation, sales pipeline, and revenue.
- Resume review (recruiters): technical/industry experience, at least 3 years focused on SEO, SEM, online advertising, and/or web conversion rate optimization.
- Questionnaire (reviewed by recruiting)
- 30 minute screening call with a Recruiter
- 45 minute interview with a Designer
- 45 minute interview with Marketing Operations Manager
- 45 minute call with a Product Manager
- 45 minute interview with Senior Director, Marketing & Sales Development.
- 45 minute interview with our CMO
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email