Are you a detail-oriented, inquisitive individual who enjoys coming up with innovative solutions? We are in the process of expanding Deloitte’s accounting and reporting advisory practice. We are seeking professionals who want to build off their existing audit knowledge and accounting experience to use such knowledge on exciting advisory projects that add great value to our clients within their finance and accounting departments. From technical accounting issues, to new standard implementations, and transaction support, the leaders of our practice will help you in expanding your experience base to further develop your career. At Deloitte, we provide services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients. You’ll gain exposure to a variety of industries, business models and financial accounting areas, helping your career growth and professional development.
Work you’ll do
As an Accounting and Reporting Advisory Senior Assistant, you will interact with clients directly. Not only will you work independently, but you’ll also collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals. You’ll use our cutting-edge tools and technology. Other responsibilities will include:
- Provide excellent timely client service, deliver high quality work and strengthen client relationships
- Assist teams in providing technical accounting advice and in preparing detailed calculations in areas such as:
- Revenue Recognition and related costs (ASC 606 and ASC 340-40)
- Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL)
- Stock-based compensation
- Business combinations
- Foreign currencies
- Earnings per share
- Capitalization of internal use software and website development costs
- Be part of a team that assists clients with the accounting and reporting aspects of transactions including acquisitions, equity, and debt etc.
- Be part of a team that assists clients in preparing the financial and reporting aspects of an IPO
- Assist clients in complying with SEC financial reporting requirements (10Ks, 10Qs and other filings)
- Support client in quarterly and annual close processes
- Assist with drafting private and public company financial statements
- Assist clients with internal controls related matter, including design, implementation, testing and remediation
- Assist clients in preparing for and completing audits, and liaising with the auditors
- Perform data analytics to assist in the above areas.
Our team culture is collaborative and encourages team members to take initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities. Our audit professionals are committed to excellence and to enhancing the trust of the investing public and capital markets. Quality is our top priority, and by focusing on innovation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Audit.
- 3+ years of public accounting or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Up-to-date technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
- Ability to perform research into, and a desire to expand your technical accounting expertise
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and work independently
- Detail orientated and a high level of pride in your work
- Proven ability working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid written communication skills
- Good presentation skills and an ability to explain accounting issues clearly and succinctly
- Prior experience in financial reporting and SEC requirements of IPOs an advantage
- Knowledge of IFRS or other international accounting standards an advantage
- Actively working towards Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a virtual environment
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, we believe in professional development and helping our people grow. We offer learning opportunities to help you sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. We support the development of leadership and technical skills through leading-edge learning development solutions such as our Welcome to Deloitte on-boarding program, career milestone learning programs, and Audit technical training. Deloitte University, our 107-acre, $300M center, demonstrates our commitment to development by delivering an interactive, immersive learning environment that offers a physical campus in a virtual world. Welcoming more than 50,000 learners annually from 81 countries, we're considered one of the leading private companies for growing leadership skills. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
Sign up to connect with companies that trust you to work wherever you work best.Register Now, be first in line
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.