New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Associate Program Overview:
This position is a management training position for the role of General Office Service Leader. Under the supervision of the Service Leader, the Regional Service Leader and a structured development program, the associate is required to learn and understand all administrative and sales support aspects of Life insurance new business, premium and other accounting, agent contracts and licensing as well as service functions for internal and external customers.
The first year is focused around the technical aspects of the functions, and initial soft skills development, as well as the compliance issues surrounding the administration and sale of insurance, variable products and employment contracts. On, or about the first year the individual is developed in managerial skills such as staff performance management, planning and organizing workflows and staff deployment, staff hiring and training, budgets and expense management and problem solving.
This individual is required to rotate in and out of different sized General Offices to better develop skills in a variety of environments. Following the structured development program, approximately two years, the individual will be eligible for appointment as Service Leader in a General Office.
- Learn and eventually provide training for the specific functions, compliance issues and workflows related to the processing of life insurance applications; all related premium accounting; policy delivery and client correspondence.
- Learn and eventually provide training for the specific functions, compliance issues and workflows related to agent contracting and licensing and other agent programs and benefits including all the related accounting functions. Accounting functions include transactions involving Company issued and agent checks, agent ledger payments.
- Develop knowledge of agent and field management services including the benefit programs (e.g. health, life insurance), compensation (e.g. commissions, training allowance program), incentives (sales programs and bonuses) and reporting (e.g. production dashboards) to lead the service initiatives for the internal customers - agents and field managers in the daily operation of the General Office.
- Learn and apply knowledge of company products, procedures and regulations in order to apply solutions and make recommendations for service staff, agents and policyholders when dealing with life insurance contracts and agent and field management employment contracts.
- Participate in the management operations of the General Office working closely with the field management team on important decisions that affect the General Office operation, agent and policyholder service and staff development.
- Train new and existing employees in the life new business and agent contracting and licensing functions providing on the job training and troubleshooting problems and issues.
- Contributes to the development of the agents by conducting training classes related to life applications, Inforce service, agent compensation and benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of customer service and/or call center experience preferred
- Must complete Series 99 (Operations Professional FINRA Exam) within six months
- Ability to relocate across the United States within 12 to 24 months upon completion of development program (Required)
- Travel throughout the United States may be required as an Associate Service Leader Manager
- Accountable, ethical, good decision making ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Good computer skills and ability to multitask
- Analytical with high attention to detail
- Customer focused
Competitive base salary, plus bonus eligibility
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.