The Role: Software Developer II
The Location: Gurgaon
The Impact: We are responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of product features, including collaboration with other development teams, product designers, and QA.
What’s in it for you:
- You would be building the next generation of Investment Management applications featuring advanced time-series computations, simulations, and interactive data visualization
- You will be able to expand your experience with modern Functional Programming techniques and technologies
- Would you like to gain exposure to quantitative finance, working alongside highly-skilled set of product specialists
- Design, implement, test, and maintain product features.
- Work directly with business analysts and product specialists to refine requirements
- Participate in daily stand-ups with team
- Solve complex, non-routine problems
What We’re Looking For:
Please apply with a cover letter detailing any functional programming experience that you have, any such personal or professional experience would be a big plus. This position requires an active interest in the functional programming paradigms and the candidate would be expected to be a valuable contributor throughout our stack of functional languages and technologies
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Passionate, smart, and articulate developer
- 3 plus years of experience with
- C# and SQL experience
- Scala or other functional programming experience a plus (F#, Haskell, PureScript, etc.)
- Able to work well individually and with a team
- Strong academic background and analytical skills
- Good work ethic, self-starter, and results oriented
- Interest and experience in finance is a plus
About S&P; Global Market Intelligence
At S&P; Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P; Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P; Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P; Global Market Intelligence
S&P; Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.