Senior Software Developer
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day.
The Dell EMC Office of the CTO sits at the cross roads of technology strategy, research, innovation, and incubation. We strive to be influential across the breadth of the Dell EMC portfolio and work hand in hand with all product organizations. The opportunity to impact our customers and the industry is a core focus for us.
The role of the CTO Software Developer is to be a key member of a small and versatile team, where you design, develop, test, and demo software solutions for POC Projects. Developers typically work in pairs, employing an Extreme Programming (XP) style of execution designed to enforce shorter development and release cycles. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast paced and collaborative environment. The candidate would value working as a team and have the ability to leverage the opinions and expertise of their teammates to deliver well designed, quality code. The candidate upholds this level of quality by adhering to test driven development practices.
Role and responsibilities:
- Participating in and leading software development activities to help broaden Dell EMC’s intellectual property portfolio and influence future product roadmaps.
- Projects may span multiple technological areas, including cloud-native infrastructure, machine learning, advanced data protection techniques, containers, microservices and open source software.
- Contributing to the creation of technology proof-of-concepts.
- Contributing as a team member to technical projects, architecture, research, and implementation of new technologies in a small collaborative startup-like environment.
- Collaborating with peers within Dell and Dell partners, enabling cross-company efforts.
- Developing and designing solutions to software engineering problems requiring frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Self-Motivated, Enthusiastic, Energetic and Passionate about technology and working as a part of a team.
- Ability and Open Mindedness to quickly learn about new development methodologies and cutting edge technologies.
- Solid understanding of programming logic and patterns and the ability to learn new programming languages and patterns quickly.
- Solid understanding of system performance and scaling, debugging, diagnosing and troubleshooting software.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to articulate technical vision while understanding business requirements, with the ability to debate and collaborate with other team members.
- Understanding of hardware and software interactions.
- Experience with process management and software deployment technologies.
- Experience with Linux command line for system configuration and administration.
- Knowledge of streaming protocols, Rest API development.
- Agile software development experience that enables shorter development iterations, fast feedback loops, and the quick deployment of problem-free code.
- Familiarity with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Cloud Foundry.
- Experience in Extreme Programming (XP).
- Experience working across cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of modern, cloud-based software development tools.
- Familiarity with Data center technologies such as Storage, Networking, Data Protection and more
- Interest or experience in DevOps.
Education: Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Experience: 5+ years (Bachelor’s degree), 3+ years (Master’s degree), 0-2 years (PhD) of software development, software architecture, or applied research; or equivalent experience.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.