Senior Product Manager, Consumer Mobile Apps
Department: Product Management
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
OpenTable is looking for an entrepreneurial, highly analytical, user-focused Product Manager to join our team in San Francisco.
This role will be responsible for key sections of our flagship consumer iPhone app, with projects extending to our Android app, other mobile platforms, and third party integrations. You will own projects that are core to the company’s growth and success, and will collaborate with the senior executive team and CEO. You’ll be shipping user-facing features within weeks of joining the company. This is an opportunity to positively change the way people find and experience extraordinary restaurants – from fine dining to pizza and burgers – so a love of food is essential.
- Manage key features of our iPhone and Android apps. Includes large new initiatives and ongoing optimization of our existing feature set.
- Create a cohesive strategy for OpenTable’s third party mobile integrations; represent our product and design vision in our relationships with key partners.
- Create and maintaining the product development backlog.
- Optimize conversion rates, user frequency, and customer retention.
- Work with engineering and design teams across channels to create the best possible user experience in our mobile products.
- Coordinate teams around the world from a variety of disciplines. Includes some travel, mostly within California but potentially international.
- 5+ years’ experience as a consumer product manager.
- Mobile app product management experience, ideally across iOS and Android platforms.
- A record of success in bringing new products to market of a similar scale and complexity.
- Experience with defining and running AB-tests in a consumer product.
- Data-centricity – a deep curiosity of metrics, the ability to identify the right metrics and track and report back on impact.
- Creativity – you will have lots of fresh ideas and be hungry to test them and see the results.
- A strong communication and good listening – able to present ideas coherently and exceptional at building consensus among a diverse group (sometimes remotely).
- User empathy and experience running in-person user tests.
- A global mindset and some expert knowledge on how digital products need to vary across markets while understanding the need for us to remain a scalable business.
- A strong vision for the way the world should be, and the ability to apply the scientific method to see if you’re right.
- Passion for producing digital experiences people love, and deep knowledge of OpenTable’s business and products.
- Any restaurant or hospitality experience is a plus, whether it was managing a fine dining restaurant or working as a hostess in college.
OpenTable is part f The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 22 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 45,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 830 million diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, Canada, Germany, Mexico, UK and the Asia Pacific region.