iOS Engineer- Guest Center Mobile
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
Meet Guest Center. https://guestcenter.opentable.com/
Guest Center is the hero of OpenTable, the platform that restaurants use to manage their tables and guests. Our app is used by hosts, servers, and managers of restaurants, so our audience is a unique set of end users. You’ll get to have a meaningful impact on people who are required to use our software as part of their job in a high-pressure situation. We have a lot of interesting problems to tackle, from inventory management, high performance syncing, creating UIs that restaurant employees will learn and use very quickly, data mining and insights, and much more. From network stack problems to data algorithms, pixel-perfect UIs to elegant, data-rich views, you'll find plenty of fun things to work on.
Take it for a spin: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guest-center/id766049754?mt=8
- Make major contributions to the product – new features, refactoring and bug fixes
- Work with designers and product managers on a day to day basis, defining the product
- Work with backend teams, defining APIs
- Chance to speak directly to restaurant end users to help gather requirements
- Experience in iOS development. Proficient in Objective-C. Added bonus if you’re familiar with Swift
- You’re good at putting your head together with other teams to solve new problems
- A strong interest in the design process and in fully understanding how problems affect a user, before even beginning to think about the technical issues
- Experience with creating and using back-end APIs, and your broad knowledge of industry standards makes you much more likely to reuse a Big Tech Co.’s standard library than to reinvent the wheel
- When you’re heads-down in code, you can spot and fix half-pixel alignment issues and Core Data multithreading violations like nobody’s business
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group, is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 16 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 40,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1 billion diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the UK.