Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
About the Role:
The Consumer Partner Solutions team is a dedicated, team-oriented, security product team committed to the success of Symantec’s Consumer products sold with our partners (hardware, online, and retail). We work closely with the Norton, LifeLock, and SurfEasy product teams to customize our products to enable the world’s largest OEM, xSP and Retail organizations to deliver secure computing solutions to millions of customers world-wide.
• Design, code, test and deliver solutions for our partners.
• Mentor, coach, and lead junior software engineers via design reviews, code reviews, and improvement plans for junior software engineers.
• Interface with Product Management to properly translate requirements into design.
• Work closely with product teams to enhance and customize existing functionality and/or fix partner-specific defects.
• Participate in product team design, architecture, and technology roadmap reviews and discussions to ensure partner requirements can be met.
• Maintain a detailed understanding of the Symantec platforms, software and services solutions.
• 4+ years software engineering experience
• Knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
• Knowledge of modern programming languages such as Java, C, C++
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Track record of delivering results in a collaborative work environment
• Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
• Ability to change directions when presented new data
• Web development experience is a plus
• Agile experience is a plus
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.