Payments Product Manager
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
About the Role:
As a Principal Payments Product Manager, you will develop, champion and execute product vision, strategy and road-map in support of corporate goals and objectives. You will use customer and market research, feedback, and competitive analysis to identify new opportunities and enhancements to payments and billing platform. You will own the product discovery process and collaborate with the business, user experience and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features. You will also manage product partner relationships, identifying necessary and/or desirable third-party features, evaluating and selecting vendors, and managing partnership integrations. You will define, track and improve key payments metrics. You will lead major cross-functional initiatives and will provide guidance and mentorship to junior PM.
- Drive and consolidate input into payments & billings product strategy
- Research competition and 3rd party vendors to understand authentication, payments, fraud & billings offerings
- Use customer and market research, input from SMEs and Global Payments Manger (GPM), as well as competitive analysis to identify new opportunities and enhancements to payments and billing platform:
- analyze payment method coverage in the markets we operate and ensure optimal coverage
- explore opportunities for top line and cost reduction alongside GPM and Payments Analytics Team
- attend business review meetings with vendors/providers to understand what is coming down the pipe and propose projects for relevant initiatives
- Drive initiative discovery process, including one pagers and business cases
- Collaborate with GPM, Payments Analytics Team, stakeholders, user experience and engineering teams during discovery, planning, and scoping to assess value, effort, options, and feasibility.
- Work with GPM to manage product/technical solutions with partners, identifying necessary and/or desirable third-party features etc.
- Define initiative level success criteria with other team members
- 8+ years of product management experience, with strong business & technical acumen in an agile software development environment
- 2+ years experience in one or more of the areas: payment processing, billing, or e-commerce; is able to represent his/her POV
- Ability to influence management as well as technical and non-technical team members
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional team members; relationship building skills conducive to partnership
- Flexible and creative thinker with ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage ambiguity
- Growth mindset – unrestrained curiosity and drive in identifying continuous opportunities
- Aptitude to challenge self and others to deliver exceptional results
- Proven track-record of bringing new products to market
- Master’s preferred, or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.