Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
About the Role:
Produce videos for delivery online to Norton and LifeLock support sites, as well as delivery to social platforms (FB, Twitter). Multimedia producers are responsible for telling stories using video and still photography, video and audio editing, Web design, graphic arts and animation, scriptwriting and interactive media. They advise reporters and editors about how to incorporate multimedia elements into their stories and generate original content themselves. They manage the production process (generating ideas, meeting budgets and deadlines) for multimedia projects.
- Coordinate with partner teams in Support, Marketing, Social, etc to help promote videos
- Receive requirements from partner teams for requests for new videos and modifications of existing videos.
- Provide voice-over talent/narration for How-To videos
- Record videos featuring live talent: live-action “talking head”/interview styled recordings
- Record videos featuring hardware products: demo the product, demo use of app on phone, record product from various angles, set up lighting, set up audio/microphone equip
- Create animations
- Edit audio and video from raw footage/audio
- Love computers, cameras, digital software
- Good storytelling skills
- Able to collaborate with other reporters/editors
- Willingness to constantly learn new skills, computer programs, gadget functions
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3 to 7 years of industry experience in creating videos, producing in TV, film, digital, video or social media.
- Must show advanced skill in the utilization of industry standard software (Deep knowledge on tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premier, Audition and Adobe Flash.)
- Knowledge of 3D animation software
- Experience with DSLR and HD cameras. Need an understanding of basic camera functions (FPS, shutter speed, ISO settings, etc)
- Experience in studio lighting (interview lighting, 3-point lighting, using bounce cards, etc)
- Expert in Adobe After Effects
- Expert in creating 2D Animations and Motion Graphics
- Experience in creating and editing videos
- Comfortable performing voice-over talent for Support videos
- Proficient in audio editing workflows
- Able to manage all levels of video production
- Able to work independently
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.