Senior Product Analyst
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals.
Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We are looking for a senior product analyst for our Marketplace Design team specifically to strengthen products to improve our marketplace health from a data driven approach. What are the key performance indicators for a healthy marketplace? How do we identify and incentivize both our partners and travelers to use our product? What data can we use and provide to our customers to help them gain more trust in our marketplace to make it become their choice of use?
- You will become a subject matter authority on all of the data streams collected at Homeaway through various formats (structured, unstructured, semi-structured, external API etc.) and learn how to overcome their obstacles and utilize them in an efficient manner
- You will assist others in the company in data discovery and data preparation phase
- You will partner closely with various Product, Business and Engineering teams on our 2 sided marketplace and initiatives there within
- Understand the “big picture” our data presents and frame analytic problem statements in response to business and product challenges
- You will be the point of contact for both exploratory and prescriptive analysis by building and assessing models and communicating your findings and results with your partners in product.
- Using tools like Tableau and other visualization tools, you will articulately communicate the findings of analysis to business product partners with a focus on telling the “business” story (abstracting data complexities and processes) to influence changes to the product
- You will work troubleshoot issues within our internal systems and take advantage of opportunities to improve our processes; we are looking for someone who has a thirst for asking questions and wondering why certain processes are in place.
- 3-5 years of experience in either web/travel industry or strategy/ data consulting is required
- Previous analytical experience in ecommerce with a two-sided marketplace
- Knowledge of web industry environment (A/B testing, Conversion funnel, traffic sources…) is helpful
- Proven background in mathematics, statistics or economics preferred
- Strong critical thinking to partner with product owner on success of Marketplace health initiatives - understand the "big picture" and how your analysis will work towards make significant changes in our business;
- Real passion for number crunching and logical problem solving on intellectual challenges in relation to the overall strategy of the company;
- Ability to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions while factoring in a One Team approach
- Flexibility on timelines and priorities managed within the Agile construct as well as effective communication are critical keys for the success of this role
- Expertise in querying (using SQL, HIVE, BigQuery) is mandatory to the job
- Reporting and Visualization Tools (Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Statistical analysis tools (R, Python)
- Other data mining tools (Hadoop, Spark, QuBole) and Office suite (PowerPoint, Outlook) knowledge is preferred
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis(taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable standup desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.