Senior Engineering Manager, iOS
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Are you passionate about developing the next generation of mobile experiences? Join our mobile team, an innovative and growing part of HomeAway, Inc., the world’s leading online marketplace for vacation rentals with sites representing over 2 million vacation home listings throughout 190 countries.
We are looking for a hands-on experienced Sr Engineering Manager who can take full ownership of our iOS Traveler apps, bringing innovative uses of mobile technology to our customers while ensuring a seamless experience across our websites and native apps.
- Lead, Coach and mentor a strong and passionate team of iOS Engineers.
- Drive new features, improve performance and app quality.
- Define or Review architectural standards and processes that guide development of the iOS apps.
- Drive performance analysis and optimization efforts.
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team including sourcing, screening and interviewing.
- Represent the team in engineering and product meetings
- Work with teams across HomeAway to ensure a seamless user experience for customers across all of their devices
- Champion continuous improvement to help raise the bar on quality, performance and maintainability of mobile applications.
- Keep abreast of the changes in the industry and champion new technologies and development processes within the team
- Collaborate effectively with engineering leaders across the company and contribute to building the platform for the vacation rental industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience leading a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Experience working with many cross functional partners to drive complex project forward.
- Experience working with agile teams and making rapid decisions in dynamic and disruptive environment.
- 8+ years of relevant software development experience
- 2+ years developing and deploying successful native iOS applications.
- Reference-able (app store) history of creating native commercial apps.
- Strong communication skills.
- Has an obsession for customer experience and an intuitive sense of what makes great customer experiences.
Any experience or education in machine learning, natural language processing, bots, etc. This is only a plus.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis(taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable standup desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass