Symantec Web Security Services Cloud (WSS) is growing exponentially. We are building a compute infrastructure that enables single-click deploy, services that self-heal, self-optimize and auto-scale. We have fully adopted devops model for operations and monitoring. We are looking to add a technical leader who can step up to take on this vision for building a WSS Fedramp certified cloud for the Government.
We are seeking an experienced and hands-on lead software engineer to help build and lead a team of highly motivated software engineers and infrastructure experts. Your charter will be to deliver high-quality security services, infrastructure, automation and data analytics that help scale WSS to meet the demand. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for leading and contributing to key projects in design, development, testing and operating them in production.
- The ideal candidate learns quickly, works efficiently in fast-paced ambiguous environments, is team driven, solves complex problems permanently, and has an affinity for data and a bias for action.
- Excited by building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware.
- Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across multiple data centers.
- Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of end-to-end functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops.
- Directly influence our journey towards zero-touch, highly scalable, reliable services.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership.
- Automate, optimize and drive efficiency of effort, code, and process.
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance.
- Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members.
- Provide mentorship to other team members and partner with other SMEs across the organization
- 7-10+ years of development & design experience; design and implementation experience of large infrastructure projects with multiple teams
- Experience with Java, Python and scripting in a Linux environment
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with networking and security technologies.
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission-critical service
- Experience with devops and general cloud deployment lifecycle
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- Expert judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be motivated, detail-oriented and can thrive in a team environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or any engineering discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to details
- US Citizens Only.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.