Senior Project Manager
Project Managers are key drivers for project focused results here at Symantec. They set a pattern of communication, expectations, accountability and execution. This person will be responsible for the cross functional coordination and execution of several key Symantec projects for Web Security Services (WSS) cloud service with primary focus on Fedramp certification of WSS.
- The Project Manager will be leading Fedramp Certification project primarily and is required to have technical background in networking and security to be able to effectively lead the project.
- The Project Manager, will lead multiple projects using a Lifecycle Management process. Ensuring adherence to our Product Lifecycle from concept, through plan of record and launch activities for software teams, using agile methodologies.
- Manage and facilitate multiple projects including scoping the requirements, developing detailed project plans, project goals, deliverables and related risks. Creates, optimizes, and drives plans through to completion. Effectively adapts and modifies plans based on changing data or conditions. Ensures that a project tracks to schedule, scope and budget constraints.
- Drives cross-functional execution of multiple projects, from concept to delivery. Coordinates activities across functions and groups in compliance to the company product lifecycle to success. Consistently guides project teams to excellent results even when faced with resistance or setbacks. Provides project governance while diving into the details, if needed, in order to keep projects on track.
- Identifies issues, leads the decision process and communicates results clearly and in actionable form. Identifies trade-offs between short and long term and balances the needs across all stakeholders. Ensures efficiency, quality and shared vision by getting the right people involved in decisions.
- Creates a collaborative environment where people are encouraged to share information, constructively debate, and communicate freely. Assesses their program team and their plans, and makes tough calls when required. Always earns from projects retrospectively and applies the learning for future projects
- This candidate should be able to thrive in a dynamic work environment. Works with a high degree of flexibility and willingness to do what is required to help ensure business successful. Operates independently and frequently interacts with senior management to help set strategic guidance for projects. Frames communication and discussions for the intended audience, with appropriate context and line of sight.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements, including project reviews and develop project plans to enable successful and timely delivery. Manage project plans to ensure timely delivery of milestones, including presentation of regular reports defining progress against major milestones, elevation and mitigation to risks as they arise and escalations to management when roadblocks occur and need intervention
- Monitor, resolve and / or escalate issues affecting the projects with an ability to think on your feet- making well-reasoned recommendations even with incomplete data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present to large audiences and executives
- Strong Leadership skills with an ability to effectively manage motivate and drive a cross-functional team. Ability to work collaboratively to build and maintain excellent relationships across organizations, laterally and vertically.
- Personal Maturity – understands own strengths and weaknesses, has professional standards with regard to attendance, personal accountability, and integrity
Education and Experience:
- MS/BS in CS or equivalent
- Software development experience
- Experience with doing project management using Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence is a must have.
- Project management experience in security area is highly desirable
- Experience communicating, presenting project status updates and prior experience with delivering successful projects
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.