Manager III Manufacturing (Factory Operations Manager)
Responsible for leadership of the site functional manufacturing operations management team supporting all program manufacturing operations. Executes and may develop site-level manufacturing operations strategy, control systems and metrics that accurately measure progress, identify potential problems, and manages performance of site operations functional task elements and administrative functions, such as; resource identification and staffing, common factory planning/implementation, manufacturing common process development, assembly operations requirements, Lean Manufacturing initiatives, overhead cost control, and training. Responsibilities include: site-level production management activities, execution and development of program production plans for existing and new business, staffing/shopload forecasting, employee hiring and training, factory layout and flow management, capital identification and justification, and control of overhead expenses. Implements Lean Manufacturing and Raytheon 6 Sigma improvement projects, establishing and integrating key manufacturing processes and improvement plans, developing operations functional staff and skill sets, and overhead cost reduction initiatives. Candidates must have a proven track record of leading multiple manufacturing operations areas at high levels of manufacturing excellence. Experience managing using Lean Principles as well as proven results in continually improving process and factory execution. The role is accountable for achieving cost, schedule, quality and compliance goals across multiple production teams. This role must build and maintain strong customer relationships supporting business growth.
- Developing factory execution plans considering all constraints and stakeholder inputs.
- Monitoring all dimensions of factory performance, and lead activities needed to achieve manufacturing targets.
- Collaborating with functional resources across SAS to ensure program execution success
- Communicating clearly across all levels of the organization.
- Leading and coaching factory supervisors to achieve high level of performance across operations
- 8+ years of production related experience in Factory or Program Management, Engineering, or Operations
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience leading in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Supervisory Experience / Leading Teams
- Proposal Experience
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to Obtain U.S. Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Desired Experience: Production leadership experience with RF/Electronic Subassemblies and/or Subsystems, demonstrated success working across multiple functional disciplines to drive requirements, and experience with strategic planning to drive growth
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree with preference to technical degrees including Engineering or Science
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. 109497Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.