Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) - EW Advanced Concepts
Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) - EW Advanced Concepts
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S.persons.
Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems SEIT for Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems - Advanced Concepts & Technology has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective EW Systems Integration and Verification (I&V)solutions.
The Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) EW organization is accountable for I&V test designs, and develops unique solutions for assessing EW system performance. It performs test definition, design, development, integration and build of EW equipment and related Test and Evaluation Strategies, including and the corresponding planning and execution of detailed IV&V plans for Raytheon’s SAS business unit. SVC EW solutions can include models, simulations and special test equipment designed specifically to stimulate, interrogate and instrument our EW Systems.
Advanced EW Systems develops technologies and strategic relationships that will advance SAS’ evolution from a system/sub-system component provider to a mission system integrator. Our game-changing,forward-looking capabilities efforts include:
Leading the development and implementation of SAS’ EW technology strategy, and product and technology roadmaps.
Creating, identifying and capturing EW programs to develop new capabilities, products and technologies that are aligned with the strategic direction of SAS.
Improving the capabilities of SAS in key areas such as system test architecture, EW technology, RF technology, and the development of aircraft primes, and government agencies seeking to put ideas into action.
The IPTL will be responsible for leading a multi-disciplined team of engineers by effectively utilizing an Earned Value Management System to produce high-quality, timely analysis,including impact, root-cause and corrective action; and also incorporate active and insightful risk and opportunity management. The IPTL’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Establish and maintain the IPT project cost and schedule Earned Value baseline, provide project management reports as required, and take actions to maintain the IPT to cost and schedule commitments. Achieve IPT CP Iof >=1.0 and SPI of >=1.0. Execute a “return to green” plan where significant negative variances already exist.
• Lead development of verifiable system requirements viaRational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS), establishing test methods and techniques, planning tests, test procedures and reports, leadingthe integration efforts as well as the verification of subsystem and system level requirements.
• Lead I&V Team and activities, leading problem resolution and verifying that the deliverable products meet all program and customer requirements.
• Lead design reviews, test readiness reviews, gate reviews,trade studies and other program/customer reviews as required to keep the IPT on track.
• Lead the system integration facility including the Raytheon Capital and Program funded equipment.
• Demonstrate the utilization of EW Product Owner expertise in the development of the IPT’s products.
• Minimum of 10 years of Engineering experience including system/sub-system/product level systems engineering.
• Solid I&V experience for EW and/or Radar Systems.
• Systems Engineering experience including Integration and Verification.
• Experience with Radar/EW technology development, product strategies and innovation capability.
• Experience with Radar/EW technical leadership leading a team throughout the entire product life cycle.
• Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the external customer and Management.
• Experience with preparing proposals and Gates to ensure technical and execution feasibility.
• Demonstrated timely and effective communication of scope of work to enable functions to staff the IPT.
• Demonstrated high-quality, timely analysis, including impact, root-cause and corrective action.
• Incorporate active and insightful risk and opportunity management experience
• Demonstrated effective use of measurement and analysis techniques, including statistical functional trends and predictive models, to drive corrective action as required to ensure IPT goals will be achieved
• Demonstrated being an effective member of the broader Community by mentoring more junior engineers, and participating effectively in the communities of practice.
• US Citizenship is required. Must have an existing DoD Active Secret Clearance and have ability to readily obtain SSBI security clearances
• Demonstrated experience in execution and management through the use of test performance metrics.
• Ensured work product handoffs are well understood, serve as the primary I&V interface to the program, engineering disciplines and the customer.
• Experience with Microsoft Project scheduling activities.
• Experience with test document preparation and/or revision.
• Experience with complex modeling and simulation via Special Test Equipment.
• Experience with security requirements related to government testing.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
Desired Education: Master’s Degree in Engineering,Mathematics or Applied Physics.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.