Sr Configuration Analyst
Provide Hardware Configuration Management (CM) support for the Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) business area in El Segundo, California. Perform all aspects of Configuration Management activities including the development of Configuration Management planning documentation; establishment and coordination of Configuration/Change Control Boards (CCBs) for hardware; managing engineering drawings, specification and software (Firmware), including engineering change documentation, requests for variances and other design documentation; maintaining configuration control of Technical Data Package (TDP); maintaining data within the Common Product Data Management (PDM), status accounting systems; maintaining configuration status accounting documentation; and supporting customer reviews and audits. Tasks also include working with Program Office, Chief Engineering, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Software Engineering, Operations, Quality and other CDMs. This candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- 4 years of related experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Proficient in use of elementary features of Adobe Acrobat
- Understands principles, standards and processes, such as described in EIA-649, Configuration Management Standard.
- Experienced in interpreting a Contract, and SOW and writing flowdown CM requirements in CMOP and SSOW
- Able to tailor HW CM processes to program requirements
- Skilled in providing guidance to program engineers on the application of the Project Drafting Specification to the program's drawings
- Has practice in leading and Engineering Review Board and Change Control Board
- Capable of maintaining product structure and correcting errors within CSA data based
- Ability to interpret engineering drawing practices and apply them to work products under formal control
- Experience with generating Metrics and Reports through an CSA tool
- Able to conduct Independent Reviews for HWCM Function
- Able to generating and delivering customer presentations
- Able to develop proposal estimates and apply EAC tools and processes
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
- US Citizenship
- Able to negotiate CM requirements throughout the lifecycle of the program
- Able to guide less experienced Configuration Analyst on CM processes
- Able to provide risk and opportunity assessments
- Ability to interpret scheduling and milestone requirements
- Experience handling proprietary/classified data
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work with internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of Raytheon’s Engineering Management System (EMS), Program Gating Process, and CM/DM Processes
- Working knowledge of Program Management Best Practices
- Working knowledge of Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI)
- Can work in a team-based environment consisting of organizational and outside customer contacts to meet project goals.
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work well with all organizational levels
- Strong people and change agent skills
- Sense of urgency; ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree
- NDIA Certification
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.