University Programs: Software Engineer I
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
We are pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”. Our software engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities that arm and defend our warfighters. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. Candidates have the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists who are providing radar and sensor solutions that deliver superior detecting, ranging, and tracking for military forces worldwide. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to participate on innovative teams that are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
Typical job functions for the Software Engineer I include participation on collaborative, cross-disciplined integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex software and systems solutions. Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, flight test, and field support. You will work and learn in an engineering organization with the highest software engineering process maturity level as recognized by the Software Engineering Institute.
- Software development experience (i.e. internship, co-op, or other work or academic project experience)
- Experience with C, C++, or JAVA
- Must be able to obtain an interim Secret security clearance PRIOR to starting
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS), embedded programming, processor/board architecture and design
- Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks or other Real time operating systems
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- Applied experience in Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles
- Exposure to Communications Systems and theory and Signal Processing concepts
Required Education (including major): Must have a BS / BA from an ABET accredited university with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or other related field by Summer 2018 or have graduated 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.