Are you passionate about customer experience and interaction design, technical enough that you want to understand “how it really works” in order to explain it to others, and super organized so that you can design a long-term product roadmap/game-plan to achieve all of the company’s product goals?
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s fastest-growing and largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers across North America. We are looking for a talented Product Manager to join our team. You will play a significant and visible role in driving the evolution of Olo’s existing products and the definition of new product offerings. Your success will help enable Olo’s continued dominance of the digital ordering market and help keep our build a stable of delighted clients delighted.
This is a full-time position in New York City. The product manager will report to the VP of Product Management.
- Work closely with our Customer Success Team and our Sales Team to deeply understand the problems and pain points that our existing clients and prospects face with digital ordering.
- Consult on solutions for our clients and prospects, which includes Olo’s existing products and features in addition to investigating and scoping new feature requests.
- Contribute to ongoing definition, prioritization and planning of the Olo product roadmap, incorporating product innovations, client feedback, and internal requests.
- Create detailed product specifications and/or UX mock-ups, in conjunction with our UX Design team, and the engineering team when kicking off new feature projects.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the product, ensuring that product updates achieve desired goals.
- Work closely with Olo technology partners and affiliates to ensure effective collaboration.
- Define KPIs for new products and features, which would include A/B testing, and the incorporation of results into product roadmap
- Document new features to share with clients and customers
- Conduct and document competitive research to inform the product roadmap and to inform teams throughout the company on innovations in the industry
- Work closely with Olo business stakeholders to understand and evaluate client feature requests.
- Work closely with the Olo Sales & Marketing team to create product marketing material-sales collateral (demos, documentation).
- You love the idea of helping customers order ahead and Skip the Line™ at restaurant chains around the country! Additionally you’d love digging into the “backend” to make the adoption and incorporation of Olo into existing operations smooth and painless.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the Product Manager role for a software technology company that operates in an Agile process framework.
- Significant product management experience, including working directly with engineers to ship the right product at the right time with the right quality
- A desire to work and communicate fluidly across the entire organization, from the CEO to the Systems Architect to Customer Support to Sales
- Ability to clearly articulate plans for the next few weeks, as well as the longer-view product vision
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Have a functional understanding of software development (maybe you were an engineer in a previous life)
- Bachelor’s degree
- You have a legal right to work in the U.S., without the need for Olo sponsorship
- Experience in product management for a start-up or growth-stage company
- Experience with SAAS platforms for enterprise clients
- Basic fluency in programming languages and/or database management skills
- Restaurant experience in back-of-house or front-of-house roles
Olo reaches millions of consumers by powering mobile and online ordering for many of the country’s fastest-growing and largest restaurant chains. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption.
We’re quite up-front about the technical challenges our business faces. Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends, that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants’ POS systems, and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is not for the faint of heart!
Olo is located at 26 Broadway in the historic Standard Oil Building, the former home of John D. Rockefeller. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!).