Small Business Channel Manager
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
We are growing & expanding our team in Small Business Vendor Relations - 3rd Party & Digital Channel Sales. This is a new group within CenturyLink’s Small Business Group (SBG) which is part of the broader Small-to-Mid Market (SMB) segment - one of CTL’s key Routes to Market. This is a new team and this is a new area that SBG is expanding … so there are many opportunities to grow, do new & exciting things – as well as make a difference to the bottom line.
The Small Business Channel Sales Manager – Vendor Partners is part of the Small Business Sales & Care organization (SBG) and is responsible for sales and revenue growth through designated Vendor Partners. Our Channel Sales Managers are expected to use strong Partner Relationship Management skills along with highly-effective Program & Operations Management skills to drive Sales through Partners to consistently achieve quota attainment for the Small Business product set. This person is also expected to develop highly productive referral partner relationships so that partners become self-sufficient in marketing and selling our products. Sales programs include Outbound, Inbound & Digital Web for both New Acquisition as well as existing Customers.
- Manage Vendor Partner relationships to drive Sales & Revenue to meet or exceed targets
- Create, manage & drive all operational requirements/programs to enable Vendor Partners to be successful and remove obstacles (organization/systems/process, etc.) that inhibit closing Sales & booking new Revenue working across the organization
- Enable Vendor Partners to broaden their product expertise & Sales opportunities striving for expanded growth from all selling resources
- Traditional Sales Mgr responsibilities as well including Sales Forecasting, Pipeline Development & managing ROI of Vendor Partner resources.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Directly monitors and manages vendor partners as needed to help achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales results, other activity, and performance measures.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships, both cross functionally and with business and region teams and internal organizations, to ensure maximum effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Ensures performance, budget, and contract execution crucial to operations.
- An in-depth knowledge of the features, benefits and the ability to articulate it to Partners along with the value proposition.
- Assisting Partners in broadening their product expertise and sales opportunities, striving for growth from all associated selling resources.
- Manage/coordinate training of partners/staff on Product, Process, Systems, Competition, etc.
- Escalation of any pricing, SLA or other operational or systems issues as needed.
- Coordination of Partner access to Segment Marketing, Sales Ops, Order Entry, Provisioning, Customer Care, etc. resources as appropriate.
- Dissemination of all communications and announcements to Partner, as necessary.
- Driving product and promotions and programs.
- Reading of all communications and maintaining a high level of knowledge on all products, programs and promotions.
- Management of all sales & marketing incentive programs.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent education and with 4+ years related experience.
- Experience selling B2B voice/data/internet, as well as basic hosting, managed services, & cloud solutions to Small businesses.
- Previous experience meeting and exceeding a monthly sales quota.
- Strongly prefer experience selling and supporting within an indirect channel or vendor/partner based sales programs for Telecommunications agents, IT/Technology Organizations, Independent Software Vendors, PaaS, IaaS, VAR’s , or System Integrators.
- Budget Management & Sales Forecasting experience
- Exceptional Problem-Solving, Organization, & Time Management Skills
- Exceptional Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Presentation skills for both small and large groups.
- MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Experience with internal CenturyLink products & systems a plus.
Alternate Location:US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Florida-Apopka; US-Minnesota-Minneapolis; US-Washington-Seattle
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.