AVP – Digital Marketing, Personalization and SEO (L11)
Job ID: 1800000360
As the AVP – Digital Marketing, Personalization and SEO, you will play a strategic and technical role responsible for supporting the delivery of a quality online experience for both current and prospective customers and clients. Working within the broader Digital Marketing team, the AVP – Digital Marketing, Personalization and SEO will provide strategic and creative support as well as deliver the development and execution of programs that drive direct business results, and support of customer retention in a multi-channel environment.
You will work directly with internal and external business and client teams to provide an array of Optimization & Personalization – Segmentation, Targeting, Funnels, Conversions & Goal Setting, Upselling/Cross-selling strategies, managing the personalization engine and evangelizing across Synchrony Financial lines of business.The purpose of this role is to lead the initiatives that create a dynamic, personalized experience for our consumers and partners while helping to optimize the overall site experience.
This individual should assume the role of a leader and drive innovative strategies to improve business and site performance.The AVP – Digital Marketing, Personalization and SEO will be a commercially-minded digital marketer who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with VP of SEO to ensure site optimization best practices are implemented.
- Help drive a content strategy that delivers fast, findable, effective search performance
- Subject matter expert for personalization and owner of the Personalization Engine
- Work in partnership with platform vendors and colleagues (personalization, A/B testing, Multi-Variate testing, and SEO platforms)
- Lead the requirement, analysis, and creation of optimization engagements from test design, through execution and analysis.
- Prioritize and gain buy-in for testing road maps that are built from data driven insights
- Provide implementation guidance and support of testing tools.
- Provide thought leadership on best practices related to A/B and multivariate testing
- Make recommendations for optimizing the performance of marketing campaigns.
- Drive A/B and multivariate testing requirements and analyze results.
- Work with analysts to design reports measuring KPIs, online behaviors, campaign performance, and testing results.
- Support online testing as an ongoing discipline to drive continuous improvement.
- Design, develop and launch testing, targeting and optimization activities across multiple business units
- Translate customer needs into effective, valuable solutions and communicate solutions to appropriate parties
- Translate both qualitative and quantitative test results into actionable business insights
- Optimize site/page performance to increase site commercialization
- Bachelor’s Degree OR in lieu of degree, high school diploma/GED and 6+ years of digital marketing experience
- 3+ years’ digital marketing experience which could include A/B testing, Multi-Variate testing, Personalization, Site Optimization, Paid Media or E-Mail marketing.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time or as needed
- Excellent team skills; flexibility to pivot with strategy, regulatory and market evolution; and proven ability to work cross functionally, as well as within own function
- Proven collaborative skill sets, experience developing plans and consistently meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and Resourceful: proven ability to problem solve, develop and execute a range of recommendations to meet business objectives
- Facilitation and problem-solving experience
- Strong project management & communication skills
- Agency or direct experience in consumer financial services with exposure to credit card or retail environment or other heavily regulated industries
- Flexible with the ability to work well under pressure and consistently meet deadlines
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles.Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627.Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.