Account Director I - Federal
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
We are in the process of filling open positions for the combined company following CenturyLink’s acquisition of Level 3 Communications. All qualified candidates who express interest by submitting an application to an open posting will be considered. However, based on business needs, preference may be given to internal applicants on certain positions. We still welcome, and encourage, all application submissions while we continue our integration process. Internal applicants are current, active CenturyLink employees, including Level 3 employees who have transitioned to CenturyLink as part of the acquisition.
We have an immediate need for an Account Director I, responsible for leading sales efforts within the Intelligence Community (IC) and peripheral within the Washington D.C. Metro Area
This person will Identify and develop new sales opportunities, provides product solutions, ensures customer satisfaction, and maintains positive ongoing relationships to maximize sales for the company. Introduces company products and services to new and/or existing customers. Develops and maintains accurate sales and/or revenue forecasts and management of quota funnels.
- Responsible for developing sales in the designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities by contacting prospective customers by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments in order to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas.
- Develops and manages relationships with acquired and/or existing customers in order to attain additional business and retain existing revenue. Develops action plans to cross-sell and up-sell accounts to increase overall total customer spend with the company.
- Learns and develops further knowledge of new technologies and selling points which includes enhancing expertise in the company's entire product suite.
- Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing accounts.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
- Minimum 5 years of Business to Business/Government technology sales experience in Large, Global/Enterprise Accounts.
- Minimum 5 years in Telecommunications B2B sales.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to provide technical briefings to C-Level
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation required.
- TS/SCI with Poly Clearance (active)
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field of Study: Business, Marketing, Sales or similar
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Nearest Major Market:Baltimore
Job Segment:Telecom, Telecommunications, Account Manager, Manager, Consulting, Technology, Sales, Management