Account Director II
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Account Director II identifies and develops new sales opportunities, provides product solutions, ensures customer satisfaction, and maintains positive ongoing relationships to maximize sales for the company. The AD will also introduce company products and services to new and/or existing customer as well as the implementation of strategic and tactical sales account plans. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining accurate sales and/or revenue forecasts and management of quota funnels.
- Develop and manage relationships with acquired and/or existing customers in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, attain additional business, and retain existing revenue
- Develop action plans to cross-sell and up-sell accounts to increase overall total customer spend with the company.
- Identify, bid, negotiate, and close new sales opportunities in order to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas
- Provide comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing accounts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the company's entire product suite. May have more in-depth knowledge on a subset of products and/or services.
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
- Provide input to sales management about trends and changes taking place within the customer’s organization, and make recommendations about future courses of action necessary of the company towards improving its position with the customer.
- 7+ years’ industry experience
- Strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills as well as proficiency in selling to the close.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent years of applicable experience
- Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
- Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and understanding of the telecom industry's competitive landscape.
- Salesforce.com experience
Alternate Location:US-New York-New York
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Nearest Major Market:Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market:New York City
Job Segment:Telecom, Telecommunications, Manager, Account Manager, Consulting, Technology, Management, Sales