Account Director, Senior - NY/NJ
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Senior sales account development within an established geographic territory for a complex suite of services and robust product sets to drive sales, increase brand awareness, and grow a specific territory.
- Manage new relationships after winning new business
- Manage customer relationships in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, retain existing revenue and obtain additional business.
- Continuous learning and development knowledge of new technologies and selling points including enhancing expertise in the company's products and solutions.
- Develop and implement sales plans that provide clearly defined strategies, tactics and timeframes to maximize revenue
- Take ownership of the geographic territory designated by management.
- Develop sales in the designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities with prospective enterprise customers headquartered in the region by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments.
- Utilize Siebel & Salesforce.com to provide accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
- 10+ years of successful sales and account management experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field or applicable years of experience
- Proven success in solution selling IP, data, and voice network services.
- Proven experience in hunting, prospecting, and new account development.
- Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills as well as ability in selling to the close.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
Alternate Location:US-New Jersey-Jersey City; US-New Jersey-Weehawken; US-New York-New York; US-Texas-Houston
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Nearest Major Market:Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market:New York City
Job Segment:Account Manager, Manager, Consulting, Outside Sales, ERP, Sales, Management, Technology