Senior Account Director - Client Partner - San Francisco
Senior Account Director - Client Partner - San Francisco
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Client Partner is accountable for sales and client engagement in existing Enterprise accounts. This role is responsible for driving growth from the account by developing strategic C-level client relationships and solving complex customer problems.
The Client Partner will be responsible for utilizing strategic networking, Voice, Security, cloud, Colo/DC, professional services and CDN solutions to solve complex enterprise problems in his/her account base. The role will entail developing strategic plans based on industry trends and customer analysis. The Client Partner will collaborate with Sales, Evangelists, Solution Architects, Pricing & Contract teams and Solutions Engineers to grow the account and deliver Enterprise Solutions.
Responsible for managing business development activities for high-profile named accounts and/or specific market segment(s) that lead to the expansion and growth of new business. Accountable for the coordination and strategy on assigned key account(s). Responsible for the overall development and implementation of the account plan.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with decision makers and influencers in the customer organisation and drive penetration in various functions including outside CIO.
- Become a trusted IT advisor to the customer and participate in customer’s strategic planning.
- Regularly monitor sales trends, market dynamics and incorporate into existing account strategy and plan.
- Lead account strategy and planning and seek opportunities of growth in the account.
- Lead proposal development, negotiation and commercial terms for large deals.
- Demonstrate CenturyLink’s unique value proposition to shape opportunities for the customer and increase share of revenues from single source deals.
- Bring together and create integrated opportunities with end-to-end solution delivery requirements.
- Support the solutions teams with customer perspectives and competitive intelligence to develop new vertical and horizontal solutions.
- Engage in Contract Negotiations and ensure buy-in from CenturyLink legal representative.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the telecom industry's competitive landscape.
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills as well as proficiency in selling to the close.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
Looking for solid experience in selling complex strategic solutions, Network and/or Voice Solutions, Colo/Data Center/Cloud portfolio, Security Solutions etc. The individual would have a good understanding of solutions selling methodology and be an expert in consultative selling.
- Identifies, bids on, negotiates, and closes new sales opportunities in order to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas.
- Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing accounts.
- Broadens and deepens existing customer relationships in order to gain strategic positioning as well as retain existing revenue and attain additional business.
- Provides input to sales management about trends and changes taking place within the customer’s organization, and makes recommendations about future courses of action necessary of the company towards improving its position with the customer.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the company's entire product suite. May have more in-depth knowledge on a subset of products and/or services.
- Drives account management responsibilities including solution creation, solution offering, configuration management, order issuance, service delivery, service management, and revenue recognition.
- Demonstrates a balance of strategic and tactical thought leadership.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
10+ years of industry sales experience
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience: 10+ yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Business, Marketing, Sales or similar
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Alternate Location:US-California-San Francisco; US-California-San Jose; US-California-Walnut Creek
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Nearest Major Market:San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market:Oakland
Job Segment:Telecom, Telecommunications, Account Manager, Manager, Consulting, Technology, Sales, Management