Senior Staff FPGA Engineer
L3 Linkabit is currently searching for a Senior FPGA Engineer for their San Diego, California location.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (MS degree preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or other technical field and at least 9 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid understanding of digital signal processing and the ability to work with system and firmware engineers to specify and develop designs that meet system specifications, costs, and performance requirements.
- Must be able to read, understand and review schematic drawings.
- Experience with communication protocols such as RS-232, RS-422, UART, SPI, I2C, is required.
- Knowledge of digital device characteristics, design and simulation tools (e.g. ModelSim) based on Hardware Description Language (VHDL or Verilog) is required.
- Require at least 9 years of VHDL or Verilog code development.
- Require at least 5 years of hand-on signal processing or modem development.
- Modem architecture, microprocessor architecture, and high speed interfaces (e.g PCIe, JESD) is a must.
- Altera or Xilinx Synthesis tool is required.
- Testbench Architectures, working knowledge of Matlab, C, and/or C++ is required.
- Altera Quartus software and SignalTap is required.
- Using lab instruments as oscilloscopes, signal generators, logic analyzers, and spectrum analyzers is required.
- Modem or high-speed DSP data paths, digital filters, FFTs, and error-correction codes, Turbo or LDPC is required.
- Experience with external memory interfaces such as SDRAM or DDR3 is preferred.
- Familiarity with A/D and D/A interfacing and FPGA design experience is preferred.
- Understanding of wireless communication is preferred.
- Experience with modem RTL development including Discrete-time Signal Processing (DSP) and Digital Communications is highly desired.
- System Verilog/Verilog/VHDL Scripting and automation skills is strongly preferred.
Must be able to travel 10% of the time.
Applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Active Secret level clearance is preferred.
For over 45 years, Linkabit employees have enjoyed the opportunity to grow their careers and make an impact as we execute our mission to be the premier communications and signal intercept solutions provider for those who protect freedom around the globe. At Linkabit, every employee has an opportunity not just for a career, but to make a difference for the customers we serve. With some of the brightest and most dedicated talent in the industry, Linkabit achieves its purpose through outstanding service, business agility, technical excellence and personal commitment, while maintaining profitable growth. We center our business around our core values of teamwork, customer satisfaction, integrity, respect, and a positive attitude. Linkabit specializes in designing, developing, and delivering sophisticated communications and signal intercept systems to a wide array of government and commercial customers. Our work includes: bandwidth-efficient satellite and line-of-sight voice, data and control modems, voice and data radios for delivery to worldwide markets, complete terminals, antenna systems, small, lightweight, lower power, man-portable and multi-platform tactical Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems, integration of sophisticated intelligence systems into mobile platforms, and information processing systems and services.
Linkabit has an ongoing commitment to independent research and development and the creation of new technology. We offer employees a variety of challenging and meaningful projects that directly impact the business, as well as competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), at least 9 paid holidays each year, 3 weeks of paid personal time off, a 9/80 workweek (26 Fridays off a year!), undergraduate and graduate education reimbursement, and support for leadership and technical growth and development. Linkabit maintains division office locations in San Diego, CA, Melbourne, FL, Linthicum Heights, MD, Camden, NJ and Reston VA, with additional L-3 Communications locations worldwide.
For timely processing, please submit your application online at www.l-3com.com/careers ;Job #096299 . Linkabit is an equal opportunity employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. Should you require a reasonable accommodation in applying for a position at Linkabit, please call 858-552-9500.