Senior Embedded Software Engineer
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development and analysis of software for embedded, real-time SATCOM communications systems. Additional tasks may include software tool support and maintenance, software build process development and maintenance, maintenance of code coverage test tools, software baseline and release management, trouble report and change request tracking, reporting, and administration.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participating in high-level architecture design as a member of the design review team.
- Applying engineering principles/concepts to solve problems and makes modifications as necessary.
- Documenting the software design and conducting peer reviews to ensure designs meet requirements.
- Recommending and implementing design solutions for complex subsystems.
- Developing software that meets the requirements, performs unit tests, and integrates software with the modem software system.
- Evaluating, verifying and validating developed software in the lab with physical modems as well as simulators.
- Working within a cross functional team of system, RTL, test and hardware engineers.
- Providing required status to the Program Manager and/or Project Engineer and supporting the successful execution of projects/programs.
- Demonstrating consistent ability to solve problems independently.
- Assessing and communicating the impact of design decisions on other organizations. Working cohesively with other areas to resolve these issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other technical field. We will consider Engineers from staff (at least 7 years of experience) to senior principal level (at least 12 years of experience), or equivalent combination of years of experience and education.
- Requires familiarity with communications systems. Expertise with C and C++ languages, software version control systems and bug tracking systems is a must. Requires experience with multithreaded real time embedded programming and operating systems.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, agile, results-oriented environment as an individual contributor and as an effective team player is required.
- Must be able to mediate competing requirements and designs.
- Experience with VxWorks, Linux, OOA/OOD, UML modeling tools, software configuration management and defect tracking systems is preferred.
- Experience with SEI CMMI policies and procedures is desired.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, TCP/IP networking, and distributed programming is preferred.
- Experience with communications systems/theory is desired.
Must be able to travel 10% of the time.
Linkabit has an ongoing commitment to independent research and development and the creation of new technology. We offer employees a variety of challenging and meaningful projects that directly impact the business, as well as competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), at least 9 paid holidays each year, 3 weeks of paid personal time off, a 9/80 workweek (26 Fridays off a year!), undergraduate and graduate education reimbursement, and support for leadership and technical growth and development. Linkabit maintains division office locations in San Diego, CA, Melbourne, FL, Linthicum Heights, MD, Camden, NJ and Reston VA, with additional L-3 Communications locations worldwide.
For timely processing, please submit your application online at www.l-3com.com/careers ;Job #096595 . L-3 is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Equal opportunity employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identify. To learn more about our company and technologies, visit our website at http://www.l-3com.com/ .
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in applying for a position at Linkabit, please call 858-552-9500.