Companies don’t move the world forward, people do. Help us lead the way to a smarter future.
Siemens has an opportunity as a Cyber Security team member on the Development and Operations Team (DevOps). You will be a team member who supports the production Cyber Security team that provides services and data to members of the Analyst team. You will utilize state of the art tools, both commercial, open source, and custom developed, to provide our analyst team with data to make human intelligent decisions.
Your main objective will be to provide support for a global installation base of Linux derived systems utilizing automated system management tools and techniques. You will work with team members to develop and maintain solutions that automate installation and processing on Linux servers, facilitate global management of processes, expand on development of processes, tooling and other tasks as designated by management. You will work in a highly collaborative environment and will be exposed to advanced global Cyber Security related topics in a unique and big data environment.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
What are my responsibilities?
The Cyber Security DevOps team member will be expected to maintain servers and provide techniques to help automate the processes and servers. You will ensure a high level of availability of the servers using current techniques to automate the monitoring of the servers. Investigate and deploy best practice methods to automated monitoring of the production servers and the processes on the servers. Documentation of issues encountered solutioning and implementing researched solutions to the team.
Tasks related to the job include:
- Maintain production systems ensuring high availability as appropriate
- Deployment and maintenance of Elastic (ELK) stack, Moloch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Syslog-NG, Atlassian JIRA and Confluence, VMware, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Git
- Integrating open-source, custom developed, and commercial products via scripting, SOAP, RESTful, Python and other appropriate methods
- Work closely with Cyber Analysts and other colleagues to architect, deploy and maintain the solutions in production and development environments.
- Share techniques and practices with the rest of the team personally and document within our wiki.
- Work with existing source management systems to maintain our automated tools for managing our servers and process.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 7 plus years’ experience in the Cyber Security DevOps environment
- Proficiency working within Linux shell and Bash scripting
- Basic understanding of Networking and Network Protocols
- Puppet or equivalent automation experience
- Detail oriented, strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Required Travel: <5% (post Covid)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience with Network/Host Security and Hardening, Vulnerability remediation
- Experience with Postgres or other similar Database technologies
- Development languages such as Python
- Cloud Infrastructure management & automation frameworks experience
- AWS technologies experience in any of the following:
SageMaker, Amazon ML, Kinesis, Firehose, Glue, Lambda, Athena, S3, Glacier, VPC, Load Balancing, API Gateway, CodeCommit, CodeBuilt, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, IAM, Direct Connect, KMS, EMR, CloudWatch, CloudFormation