Senior Sales Engineer
We're looking for a talented Sales Engineer to support our sales team in accelerating sales opportunities, especially focused on product and technical expertise throughout the sales process. This Sales Engineer is tasked with developing a thorough understanding of our prospect and customers’ business and technical needs, and effectively communicating and translating those into technical solutions. This position is best fit for someone who enjoys presenting to technical and non-technical audiences, thrives in a cross-functional team environment, and enjoys sophisticated problem solving with a focus on driving performance for customers.
- Supporting Sales Account Executives with your deep product knowledge and general technical expertise, helping pitch Bluecore's marketing technology to world-leading companies, especially in eCommerce.
- Assertively being the main authority in sales meetings for all product and technology-related topics.
- Delivering technical and/or product demos and presentations that emphasize the differentiated value of the Bluecore platform.
- Communicating highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, from IT and marketers to executive-level decision-makers.
- Analyzing and evaluating the technical structure of the websites of prospects, to ensure compatibility with Bluecore technology.
- Managing the Bluecore product demo environment to ensure that our team delivers great product demos.
- Training and enabling the sales team, specifically pertaining to the topics of product, technology, and competitive positioning.
- Working cross-functionally between teams, including sales, customer success, marketing, product, and engineering.
- Writing answers to and being generally accountable written RFPs and security questionnaires.
- Constantly researching to stay up-to-date on competitive solutions, products and services.
- Developing small-scale coding projects that support Bluecore demo processes and front-end PoCs, as needed.
- Bachelor’s-level education, combined with any sort of technical background, whether that be a formal degree, work experience, or personal projects. You need not be an engineer, but you must be a general technologist.
- 5-7 years of full-time work experience at a tech company or a startup. Marketing technology experience is a major plus.
- World-class written and verbal communication. You will be writing and talking a lot, so this is one of the most important aspects of the job.
- An ability to simplify complex topics, and always relate technical explanations back to the business value of the product.
- Quick, on-your-feet thinking, especially in meetings where you might be asked rapid-fire questions.
- Problem-solving skills that enable you to identify the best solutions, given a list of prospect business requirements.
- An intrinsic curiosity and desire to always learn more, in order to keep up with both Bluecore’s rapid pace of development and the broader industry.
- Must be comfortable working day-to- day with cloud-based workflow tools, such as Salesforce, Google Apps, and Slack.
- Ability to travel up to 20% and authorization to work in the USA.
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology start-ups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly NYC Metro Card
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.