Director, Performance Improvement - Corporate Finance
About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2016.
About Corporate Finance & Restructuring:
Our Corporate Finance and Restructuring practice, a trusted partner to companies, boards of directors, investors, lenders and creditors around the world, is focused on delivering restructuring and business transformation solutions. Committed to our clients’ success, our professionals address the full spectrum of financial, operational and transactional risks and opportunities. Among our core strengths is providing expertise in guiding companies through the value creation lifecycle. Our targeted offerings include restructuring, insolvency, litigation support, interim management, capital market advisory, post-acquisition integration, valuation, tax advisory as well as financial management and performance improvement solutions. Our clients demand our industry expertise, which includes emphasis in the energy, healthcare, real estate, retail and consumer products, and telecom, media and technology sectors. Our Corporate Finance & Restructuring services are delivered through a global network of 41 offices in 15 countries situated in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
A Managing Director provides operational and financial related consulting services primarily in the Corporate Finance practice areas as required. This practice provides services primarily in the following areas:
• Performance Improvement
• Interim Management;
• Merger Integration;
• Litigation Support;
• Company-side/Equity-sponsor advisory;
• Creditor Advisory; and
• Lender Advisory;
• Apply manufacturing, supply chain, and procurement expertise to traditional bankruptcy, turnaround, expert witness and merger integration engagements.
• Responsible for day to day activities of project including interaction with other team members, professionals from other firms involved in the engagement and client personnel. May include supervision of client personnel.
• Apply Six Sigma, Lean, and similar methods to provide operational recommendations and detailed implementation plans.
• Lead client teams in developing operational plans and identifying synergies during merger / transition planning.
• Apply business, accounting, finance and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines (e.g., financial modeling, ratio and comparable company analysis, review/analysis of financial statements and projections, assessing business plans, claims, conducting due diligence on balance sheet and profit and loss statement items, etc.).
• Prepare complex cash flow projections and worksheets to model business processes and/or actual or hypothetical transactions.
• Maintain detailed working paper records reflecting assumptions, methodologies and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
• Work to ensure a quality product, as well as delivery of all work within established timeframes.
• Prepare draft written analyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope, findings and/or results of activities.
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations and quantitative exhibits for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope, findings and/or results of activities.
• Research and organize information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
• Maintain professional image within the company and project same to those outside the company.
• Minimum of 15 years relevant experience.
• Experience in Six Sigma and/or a manufacturing environment
• Proficiency with PC environment and related software, including Microsoft Office applications.
• Proficient use and analysis of computer models and development of dynamic spreadsheet applications.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), mathematical and organizational skills.
• Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
• Effective interpersonal communications, including active listening.
• Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment; willingness to research, analyze and develop new skills.
• Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements. The ideal candidate should be able to move between operational and financial engagements.
• Six sigma, Lean, or CPIM certifications preferred.
• Experience outsourcing manufacturing to emerging markets is a plus.
• General knowledge of corporate finance, supply chain, and manufacturing principles and terminology.
• Experience in manufacturing leadership roles would be helpful.
• Ability to travel 80%.
• MBA and Bachelors Degree in engineering or other quantitative field is preferred.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.