Senior Product Manager (Data)
Are you a Product Manager with a skill for identifying and solving real market problems? Are you passionate about driving the end-to-end development of innovative new products? Are you equally comfortable discussing KPIs with the Head of Sales as you are describing your detailed product requirements with engineers? Intent Media is looking for just such an individual to fill our new Product Manager role.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for developing new products on our machine learning platform, and will help shape our product roadmap with the other members of the product team. The Senior Product Manager will define products from existing needs and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers, prospects and internal stakeholders. Together with our engineering team the Senior Product Manager will turn these ideas into reality in an Agile environment, creating solutions for both desktop and mobile platforms.
A willingness to listen to and understand the market is critical for this role to make sure we are building solutions to tangible problems that will impact many clients, and not just one-offs. Therefore, candidates must enjoy spending time in the market to understand its problems, and find innovative solutions for broad groups of customers. Candidates must possess a blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Intent Media isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at Intent Media is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of deep collaborators, valuing and rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with brilliant engineering and analytics teams on interesting and complex problems
- Listen to clients, prospects, etc. to identify needs and opportunities for improving the tools and capabilities available to our publisher partners via our machine learning-backed decisioning platform
- Be highly involved in the entire product development life cycle from ideation to data analysis
- Develop and present product plans and proposals to senior management
- Provide day-to-day product support to sales and business development as needed
- Potential ownership of data privacy efforts at Intent Media, including oversight of any necessary product changes needed to support our company’s privacy goals
Intent Media is looking for a bright and ambitious Senior Product Manager to join our team.
- 5+ years experience working in a data product management role
- Strong SQL skills and comfortable with analyzing data
- Background in statistics and understanding of mathematical theory behind A/B testing
- Customer Facing: track record of using data to tell stories and drive decision making
- Computer Science, Science or Engineering degree (Preferred)
- Work experience in e-commerce, web analytics, ad tech and/or mobile development (Preferred)
- Understanding of cookies and web privacy regulations (Preferred)
- Keen attention to detail
- Adept at prioritization and ROI analysis even amidst ambiguity
- Self-directed and able to work with a high degree of independence
- Outstanding communicator across all media (verbal, stories, spreadsheets and presentations)
- A passionate champion for the innovative products we create
- Curious, creative, collaborative
- A team player, who gets a kick out of a energetic, fun and relaxed work environment
Intent Media is the data science company for the world’s leading travel sites. Sophisticated machine learning capabilities — trained and fine tuned for years — enable us to serve ads and conversion-boosting user experiences based on a unique understanding of where a given user is in the shopping journey.
We operate in more than 40 countries with hundreds of airline, hotel, car rental, online travel agency and metasearch partners around the globe, including nine of the top 10 OTAs and metasearch sites in North America. We’re over 100 people strong, with offices in NYC (HQ), London and Munich.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’ve been included on the Crain’s top 100 places to work in NYC list for six years running!
Love Your Job!
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, and our management insists upon work/life balance so that we never become stale. We infuse fun and learning time into our days and our vacation policy includes a minimum, but no maximum. Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously. We believe that in order for our employees to produce at their top level, they need to have intimate access to strategic decisions. Our flat structure and open communication allow for innovation from all levels – ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits; stock options; $2K learning budget; and company-wide social events.
Individuals seeking employment at Intent Media are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.