Gainsight is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. They help businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe, and Workday. Gainsight offers their employees benefits like:
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first. Our values — Golden Rule, Success for All, Child-like Joy, Shoshin, and Staying Thirsty — guides us towards that mission.
Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America and EY’s Entrepreneur of The Year. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India. Gainsight is a remote-friendly workplace. Gainsight was recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your fingerprints on our next phase of scale and customer impact, giving you the opportunity to apply and grow your expertise.
Gainsight is looking for a highly-strategic, creative, and analytical Manager to join its newly established Corporate Development team.
As a member of this small, but quickly growing team, you will partner with the SVP of Corporate Strategy and Development and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to identify, assess, and execute M&A and strategic investment and partnership opportunities across global markets. You will also actively engage in building out, implementing, and helping lead all internal and external organizational processes that will drive Gainsight’s growth initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Support the SVP of Corporate Strategy and Development in the design and execution of Gainsight’s M&A strategy in key markets.
- Drive growth initiatives including 1) annual and multi-year strategic planning, 2) establishment and maintenance of strategic partnerships, and 3) identification and analysis of acquisition opportunities.
- Be a subject matter expert by staying current on industry and market trends, Gainsight’s product development, and internal strategy for Gainsight’s functions. Educate appropriate team leads/executives to allow for an organizational alignment and on-going assessment of corporate strategic priorities.
- Execute the M&A process from start to finish including, but not limited to, deal sourcing, strategic models/frameworks creation and analysis, development of cost and revenue synergies, and due diligence.
- Develop and implement processes and strategies that enable Gainsight to establish a highly-regarded, value-creating corporate development framework.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree, or 4+ years practical experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or corporate development and/or strategy role in the technology industry
- Highly regarded for ability to conduct market and competitive landscape research, both from written (e.g. market analyses, financial data) and interpersonal conversational (e.g. expert calls, client interviews) sources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to create diligence agendas and checklists, record critical information, and prepare detailed memos and/or presentations that propose action
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with experience conducting intermediate-level financial analysis
- Comfortable with ambiguity, possesses the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, retain confidential information with required due care
- Demonstrated experience with full-cycle M&A transaction execution, from origination through diligence, closing and integration.
- Program management or project management experience of multi-month, multi-stakeholder processes, with experience on projects across 2+ companies
- Experience developing processes for and/or executing M&A integrations or divestitures
- Great storyteller with the ability to quickly recall information
- Adept at isolating vectors of differentiation between companies to enable
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new category from scratch and we continue to be the thought leader in Customer Success.
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Our technology allows companies to drive retention and growth by delivering the value customers demand.
- Our Impact: In addition to helping companies grow, we’ve committed to $100 million in wage expansion for underrepresented groups over the next few years.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Our team is composed of innovative Customer Success thought leaders and experts in their field from various industries.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.